Taking suggestions: what oil filters do you want to see cut and posted?

Good Morning gentlemen and ladies (if there are ladies on BITOG)
smile.gif

What oil filters would the BITOG faithful like to see cut open and posted? New or used, doesnt matter to me.

I have a M1 113A off friends 09' Suburban LT to cut as well as a PH2 FRAM and two others a farmer friend dropped on my porch to cut.

Thanks for suggestions in advance

Happy Friday too!
34.gif
08.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JC1
Doesn't matter to me. We all know you are the King of Oil filter C&P's on this site.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Either a Purolator premium to see if they're still good and mopar filter

You mean a red Purolator?

Thanks

Factory Japanese Honda to compare to the Blue Honda Frams.

Oh, I got that one!

I promised months ago but broke my dremel and I don't have a filter cutter .

I'll figure it out! I just got put on lockdown so I might have time.

Thanks '53

- Ken

Fram Ultra with over 20,000 miles, preferably 30,000 miles or closer to it. I saw one thread here where some put 24,000 miles on an Ultra and to date that is all I have found.

I am currently running a XG7317 on a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5L and a XG9688 on a 2012 Hyundai Accent GDI, both of which I do not intend to remove prior to the 20,000 mile mark. It will be a while before that happens for either but I am interested in cutting both open for analysis.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
Fram Ultra with over 20,000 miles, preferably 30,000 miles or closer to it. I saw one thread here where some put 24,000 miles on an Ultra and to date that is all I have found.

I am currently running a XG7317 on a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5L and a XG9688 on a 2012 Hyundai Accent GDI, both of which I do not intend to remove prior to the 20,000 mile mark. It will be a while before that happens for either but I am interested in cutting both open for analysis.

Sounds great kind sir, look forward to it
smile.gif

Update for everyone: my tough guard will have probably 28k on it before I pull it off. I've done like 8+ kreen doses in oil and 3x that in gas. Consumption has slowed.

Originally Posted by jkasch
Mopar MO-899. Thanks for all your posts.

I will make time to get one of those and post when I can kind sir.

You are welcome also, please stay safe and well
34.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Update for everyone: my tough guard will have probably 28k on it before I pull it off. I've done like 8+ kreen doses in oil and 3x that in gas. Consumption has slowed.

That should be interesting to see how much junk was caught from the cleaning sessions if you didn't change the oil filter.

ZeeOSix: the filter wasn't changed so yeah definitely will be interesting. Probably spin on a Fram ULTRA 3614 from Chris (Subyrubieroo)

I'd vote for more close-ups of media surfaces to show any visible particles captured.

Don't overlook cartridges merely because they're so easy (don't require cutting metal).

Thanx!

Back