Taking suggestions on OIL with Valve Cover Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
M1 0w40
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: oil_abuser
IMG_20121124_131738.jpg

On the lower cam gear there is a pin head spot of varnish.
grin.gif

That's a surgical clean engine. Keep up the same routine without letting anyone influence you otherwise.
thumbsup2.gif

Great choice on oils. I really can't understand why people insist on feeding incredibly expensive, amazingly complex equipment, dino oil. Sure, some dino oils are fantastic, and some are not. Some change formulations and go from bad to good, and some the other way. Leading to very unpredictable results.

One thing is stunningly clear. Feeding your engine a quality synthetic, and performing regular oil changes, will result in predictable results. A clean engine, no problems with stuck piston rings, or excessive valve deposits, or for that matter, unusual wear.

Originally Posted By: vq35de_touring
Your joking right... Thats hella spotless.

My thought too...why change ANYthing when this engine is so pristine...
I would stay with the chemistry most similar to what has been used so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Great choice on oils. I really can't understand why people insist on feeding incredibly expensive, amazingly complex equipment, dino oil. Sure, some dino oils are fantastic, and some are not. Some change formulations and go from bad to good, and some the other way. Leading to very unpredictable results.

One thing is stunningly clear. Feeding your engine a quality synthetic, and performing regular oil changes, will result in predictable results. A clean engine, no problems with stuck piston rings, or excessive valve deposits, or for that matter, unusual wear.

Yeah, those incredible fools living their lives in blissful ignorance. If only they knew that those millions, upon millions of vehicles, fed by bulk dino from the quick lube places and $20 specials, are ticking time bombs. Someone ought to do something! There is not a moment to spare!...

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I really can't understand why people insist on feeding incredibly expensive, amazingly complex equipment, dino oil.

Why? Well, everyone's situation is different. Those that can afford synthetics should use them Those that can't afford synthetics should use what they can afford, at the time they need an OCI. I fall under the latter.
smile.gif

Well, I agree BOF, which is why I got 2 jugs of Penn Platinum synthetic and 2 K&N oil filters for $20 after rebate...$10 per OC...for a synthetic OC...plus $20 to the dealer to install, if I don't crawl under Kitacam myself...(and have 2 quarts left over towards the 3rd OC to come)...
I agree that you can buy cheap AND quality...thanks to BiTOG!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Well, I agree BOF, which is why I got 2 jugs of Penn Platinum synthetic and 2 K&N oil filters for $20 after rebate...$10 per OC...for a synthetic OC...plus $20 to the dealer to install, if I don't crawl under Kitacam myself...(and have 2 quarts left over towards the 3rd OC to come)...
I agree that you can buy cheap AND quality...thanks to BiTOG!

See? Common sense economics. That is why I bought PP this last OCI. A $10 rebate plus the WM gave me the extra qt. FREE due to a technicality.
After tax and the rebate, 6 qts. of PP $13.50.
thumbsup2.gif
(I had a MC FL-400S on the shelf.)

BOF, I'd go one step further...I'd have no problem going back to PennzoilYellowBottle if I don't have any syn on hand and money a problem...the dealer where I bought Kitacam charges $20 for a PBY OC

...but that's almost 2 years down the road (literally) and by then BiTOG will clue us in to another cheap synthetic special deal...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
What was the reasons for taking the covers off?
At 3-5 k mile ocis any oil will do the job.

Had to replace the valve cover gasket. took me two times to get it right
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back