Take the refund or let negative feedback stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the feedback up, knock offs can be hit or miss some are bad some are pretty alright it really just depends on the pricing difference.

I'm not certain however if you left the feedback on the sellers page or the items however. If it's on the sellers no one will probably pay attention to it but if on the item it can be helpful.

Not that $4 matters really but a lot of Chinese sellers (on Amazon and eBay) try to play the delay game. I've had it happen to me a few times where they attempt to string you along right before the refund/refurn period ends and than agree to the return and once it passes just ignoring you.

I don't order much from China but you can get some pretty cheap and decent fishing lures for very little $$

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
One other thing... Don't suppose you can link the listing from which you purchased these knock-offs?

I could, but there are so many sellers on eBay selling the same thing that it would be pointless.

Edit: The seller is buyboa88

I habe a feeling that wouldn't work. There was some back and forth with the seller. He asked how he could make it right. I answered either the proper blades or a refund would work. That's when he came back with the deal. I changed my mind after that. The refund was first suggested by me.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Ford $4 I would let the review stay and forego the refund just to warn my fellow consumer.
This

Leave the negative feedback and demand a refund. The product was not as advertised/represented. In fact, you have every right to be as dishonest as the seller. Tell him that you will remove the negative feedback AFTER he gives you a refund, and then, don't remove it if he does.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Take the money and leave a positive review. Like if you love a horrible cut and like a painful face, this is a great blade for that.

I like this

is it sold direct or does an American company import it?

Last edited:
If it's clearly not as pictured, then leave the negative feedback describing that.

I had one guy, again knockoff stuff state that they knew my address (correct, they got it in the transaction), and would get me and my family...reported that.

I read feedback, along with any reviews, before buying anything. You might consider taking the refund and leaving neutral feedback which will still be a warning to other potential buyers. I think neutral is just as good at getting the word out.

Let it stand.
I gave a poor feedback on something I ordered from Amazon recently, and returned the product.
I have, to date, gotten 8 e-mails asking me to accept another product, and change the review, because they are a new store starting out. Each time, I have replied they need to take the opportunity to improve the product, and that in a competitive world, you do not get a second chance to make a first impression.

Leave the feedback, that is why it's there, to give potential customers an idea of what to expect.

It takes a lot for me to leave negative feedback, but when I leave it, it's there to stay because of how I was treated. Recently I ordered 2 of something on Amazon. I received a box with only 1, but the packing slip said 2 had been sent. Box was not damaged. I contacted the seller right away, asked them to send another 1 and provided pictures of what I had received. No response so I left negative feedback.

Here is what I wrote the seller:

"I decided to let the feedback stay as is. I have reason to believe this product is being sold to others in similar condition.

Respectfully,..."

I'm curious how he will respond. The $4 means little to me. At this point it has some of entertainment value.

Right plus if you ask for a refund he may then have your cc number where he wouldn't have access to it originally. So he might be trying to get your cc number.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Here is what I wrote the seller:

"I decided to let the feedback stay as is. I have reason to believe this product is being sold to others in similar condition.

Respectfully,..."

I'm curious how he will respond. The $4 means little to me. At this point it has some of entertainment value.

You did good. It's not like it was damaged during shipment and was fixed/ not fixed accordingly..

Me,I never leave negative feedback with a seller unless they refuse to work with me,and I have to get Paypal involved. If they're willing to refund me without any hassle,I just won't leave any feedback.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Me,I never leave negative feedback with a seller unless they refuse to work with me,and I have to get Paypal involved. If they're willing to refund me without any hassle,I just won't leave any feedback.

+1 - we think alike again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back