Take 5 Oil Change

The town where I live if opening up a Take 5 Oil Change Service. The concept is you stay in your car and they perform the service in 10 minutes.

What I found disturbing is the small footprint of the facility. When you exit the bays you have to make an 180 degree, yes a 180 in what's probably a 12' lane with curbs, turn to get to a place where you can exit the facility. If you have an extended cab truck or a long bed truck, I'm not sure you can negotiate that turn without going up on the curb.

It appears to me, this particular facility anyway, is designed for cars only. If I get a chance, I'll take a photo and upload.

The town where I live if opening up a Take 5 Oil Change Service. The concept is you stay in your car and they perform the service in 10 minutes.

What I found disturbing is the small footprint of the facility. When you exit the bays you have to make an 180 degree, yes a 180 in what's probably a 12' lane with curbs, turn to get to a place where you can exit the facility. If you have an extended cab truck or a long bed truck, I'm not sure you can negotiate that turn without going up on the curb.

It appears to me, this particular facility anyway, is designed for cars only. If I get a chance, I'll take a photo and upload.
Truth...my 2016 Ford C Max has a turning radius worse than my 2020 F250. So they are going to have issues.

Truth...my 2016 Ford C Max has a turning radius worse than my 2020 F250. So they are going to have issues.
It's funny you say that because we had friends with a C Max and it was one of their biggest complaints with the car.

I'm glad our 2001 F250 with the quad cab is only used to pull trailers because it's just a miserable vehicle to try and drive to the store or something else. I really don't understand how or why people use these things as family haulers.

Coworkers girlfriend went to take 5 the other day for an oil change he said, among 15 other things that they were trying to sell her was an air filter that " looked clean but the miles were up on it and it had to be changed". Blew my mind when he told me that yesterday morning.

I really don't understand how or why people use these things as family haulers.
Well, it can be done, but it doesn't mean it is the ideal tool for the job. To be fair, the rear seat of most crew cab trucks is comparable to the second row of a minivan.

It's funny you say that because we had friends with a C Max and it was one of their biggest complaints with the car.

I'm glad our 2001 F250 with the quad cab is only used to pull trailers because it's just a miserable vehicle to try and drive to the store or something else. I really don't understand how or why people use these things as family haulers.
Yes that is true on the c max. Absolutely horrible. I have a single cab F250 but I used to have crew cabs but the hybrid is the worst.lol

250's are not family friendly and gas hogs too boot. As you know...

They do pretty well in San Antonio, they are all over the place. They pour castrol, and they usually have a coupon. Probably fine for most folks vehicles.

The faster you make inexperienced lube jockeys work the greater likelyhood of mistakes. No thanks, its owned by Driven Brands who also own Mieneke and Maaco, not exactly stellar companies with good reputations. I would avoid those places like the plague.
That sums it up as a family member recently went there for a quick oil change. Said other than the manager it's staffed by a handful of 'rookie' looking younger guys. Said they were friendly, fast acting, etc. and the price was quite fair as he used a DoorDash discount. Problem is on his way home he heard/noticed one of the under body panels was dragging and as soon as he was home he figured out a way to quickly secure it and drove right back to the place. Some damage was done to the panel, but still OK for what it is. He said they immediately resolved the issue, were quite apologetic and gave him a voucher for the next oil change being free. They haven't been open that long and the manager told him it's 'only' happened a handful of times. That's the sort of thing that shouldn't happen at all regardless of fast pace.

They do pretty well in San Antonio, they are all over the place. They pour castrol, and they usually have a coupon. Probably fine for most folks vehicles.
I can almost guarantee its not Castrol if its bulk fill. I've worked for a driven brands company and each franchise picks and uses their own bulk oil provider, which is usually the cheapest. The only exception is if you see them open individual quart containers.

Back