Taco Bell incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/police-taco-bell-employee-shot-customer-with-bb

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Police say a Massachusetts Taco Bell employee used a BB gun to shoot a customer who was enraged when no one came to the drive-thru window to take his order.

Twenty-six-year-old Steven Noska is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday on charges including assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Police tell The Republican newspaper in Springfield that it started at 4 a.m. Sunday when the customer approached the still-open drive-thru. After banging on the window and getting no response, he got out of his car and banged on the locked door.

Police say the two fought and that Noska then went to his car, got the BB gun and shot the customer several times. Police say the customer bit Noska on the arm.

It's not clear if Noska has a lawyer.

I'm surprised the Taco Bell employee didn't just throw some tacos at him. Some of that stuff is as harmful to your body as BB pellets.
smile.gif

What a waste of court time. This is America not China. Have your argument and your fisticuffs then move on more sated than the expedient meal could ever provide. We are animals still and roiling - let us fight!

I'm trying to see the employees logic here.

I don't know about you guys, but if I was upset and raving, and you shot me with a BB gun I'd get REALLY UPSET and probably tear your face off.

I am trying to understand the customers "logic" here. What makes him think he the right to beat on a drive thru window? At 4:00AM no less.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Most normal people are not out at 4:00 AM for a Taco.

Caution! I have eaten far more meals in my life at 4:00 a.m. than at 4:00 p.m.
wink.gif
Some of us are night owls by design or by accident of work. Of course, the people in this story might have behaved a bit better with extra sleep....

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I am trying to understand the customers "logic" here. What makes him think he the right to beat on a drive thru window? At 4:00AM no less.

Well, if it was supposed to be open and he was being ignored....

Originally Posted By: Garak
[Of course, the people in this story might have behaved a bit better with extra sleep....

Or, a lower BAC.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Well, if it was supposed to be open and he was being ignored....

I believe that many TB are supposed to be open 24 hours a day.

My guess is the customer was a doper with the munchies.

Back in the 80's when I was working the night shift at a Union 76 station, I was closing up for the night. It was well after midnight and I already had the pumps locked, the pump meters tallied, mopped the islands, lobby area and the rest rooms, the doors locked and the island lights were off.

I was in behind the counter slipping the cash into the floor safe and ready to leave for home when this biker starts banging on the window wanting fuel. He was royally PO'ed and wanted me to open the door.

Screw that. I'm not opening anything because frankly, I was a little frightened for my well being. Under these circumstances I might have stuffed a gun barrel under his nose if I had one.

Or maybe IF his attitude were different I might have unlocked a pump for him.

A lot of people feel entitled to whatever they want when they want it, and feel that a nasty attitude will help them out somehow.

My guess is, this Taco Bell closes at 4:00 AM, since many of them do, and the customer felt that because he was there at 4:00 and people were inside, he was entitled to tacos. I wouldn't [censored] with people who are handling food I'm going to eat, but some people think that will work to their advantage.

The store employee should have just said "we are closed, sorry," then shut the window. If the customer kept banging on the windows/doors, just call the police. Had they done that, there is a good chance the angry customer would have been arressted, as most people out at that hour (save for people who work night or very early AM shifts) will be intoxicated.

Instead, they engaged the customer and it snowballed. I think the bite on the arm is kind of funny.

I can understand why the Taco Bell employee was ticked off by the guy's attitude, but that's an everyday thing in any kind of food/service/retail job. You just have to let it go. Let there only be one [censored]. People are wild, out of control animals when it comes to fast food...if you can't handle that, best to work somewhere else. It almost sounds like the Taco Bell employee WANTED to get fired.

I will say, banging the doors on a business that is not open just because you "know someone is inside" is exceptionally rude. I don't know what people think they will get out of doing that. I used to watch that scene unfold every closing shift when I worked at a chain parts store. I'd just go back in the office and watch them lose it in the parking lot via the camera.

I think the "customer service at any cost" attitude retailers/food service have been trying to develop has gone overboard in this country. People think a bad attitude will get them what they want, and it's the frontline employees with little say who really have to deal with it. Some of them are going to snap.

The way most "customers" act its a shame the employee used a BB gun instead of a 9mm. Good riddance.

The customer was a jerk. The employee should still be locked up...and probably sterilized to improve the gene pool.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
The customer was a jerk. The employee should still be locked up...and probably sterilized to improve the gene pool.

Both of them should be "deleted" from the gene pool.

Unfortunately the term "useless eaters" is turning out to have merit, these leeches and defectives keep breeding out of control because the society provides welfare, and are often times not punished severely enough by the legal system when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back