T32 Bridgestone initial impressions

Different sensations with this tire. Initial turn in is quite normal and very stable, however when lean angle increases the back end starts to steer the front. It was quite controllable but up setting. This is more pronounced at lower speed i.e. Under thirty mph, at higher speeds it is not so noticeable. Will put a couple hundred miles on them tomorrow and report if any significant change or additions.
Smoky

Short update: got caught in a rain storm and these puppies shed water like a ducks back. Had to brake to avoid some deer and it almost did a stoppie, unintentional, but was impressed with the way they work in the wet.
The rear steering the front has almost disappeared and it feels more comfortable; or it has trained me. The ride is a little stiff but not punishing.
Smoky

Short update: got caught in a rain storm and these puppies shed water like a ducks back. Had to brake to avoid some deer and it almost did a stoppie, unintentional, but was impressed with the way they work in the wet.
The rear steering the front has almost disappeared and it feels more comfortable; or it has trained me. The ride is a little stiff but not punishing.
Smoky
Not entirely on subject, just fwiw. My first set of Dunlop RoadSmart 3's when they first came out didn't feel comfortable the first few ride, guess they needed to be scrubbed in per se. Second set was entirely different, they felt good after only a short while of deliberately feeling them out.

It is interesting the difference tires show between brands and even between different production lots within the same brand.

This is one of the reasons they recommend to take it easy when getting new tires. People automatically think "need to scrub them in" or "need to wear off the mold release". The fact that the new tires have a different profile than the old, worn down tires can make the bike feel and turn differently and the initial "scrubbing in" period is also important to allow the rider to adapt to the new tires.

I'm always looking for the best mileage from a sport touring tire and look forward to your follow ups!

With that said, took a couple small finishing nails in the rear Roadsmart 3 last weekend. 8500 miles on the tire, probably had 1000 miles left which is a moot point since it had nails in it, so I replaced it with a Roadsmart 2. That was the second RS3 rear. I had put a RS2 on the front when the original RS3 front wore out beginning of last summer. Now I have a RS 2 front and rear, and they are good tires. No better or worse than others I have run with respect to feel, confidence, etc, however I don't expect the higher mileage I've been getting with the RS3's based on reviews. Have a set of the new RS4's waiting in the wings to put on if I run through the RS2's this summer.

What I can say with respect to a new set of tires, it's truly hard to realize how much the older tires have changed in profile until, well, you put new ones on!

Best to you with the T32.

Wondering if we could start a thread titled "Post your latest tire change here" that would allow for review and feedback from guys going from one set to another. Just don't want to take the leap myself as this is an oil forum. But if it sounds like a good idea, happy to do it.

Back