synthetic vs Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my new 2015 Altima 2.5Sl to the dealer for first oil change and they put in 5w30 synthetic blend and the manual says 0w20. Do I have a problem??

5w30 is listed as an alternate in my electronic service manual at work, so you're in the clear. Just use 0w20 at the next OC and sleep easy.

No issues. The dealer I bought my car from put 5w-30 instead of 0w-20 and it didn't hurt anything. If anything it ran a bit smoother and quiet.

The problem with having oil change at authorized dealer(s) is they are independent entity and can have various brand bulk oils, they just use the lowest cost oil(s) that may be used in the vehicles they service, they usually don't use the most efficient oil for any particular car.

They should use 0W20 for the 2015 Altima but they may not have it in bulk, so they use dino 5W30 because it's much cheaper.

That's just the dealer upholding the "Innovation that excites" tradition. Got you excited!

Thanks! I see it now, so no need to change it out asap. But I'm driving 1300 miles in about two weeks. Still no prob other than lower mpg's?

Originally Posted By: Bear49
They claim its Mobil 1 5w30 . Said it's a synthetic blend.

Even though M1 5-30 is one of the best 5-30 oils, your dealer doesn't know much about oils as he should have used a quality 0-20. All M1 oils are full synthetic.

Dealer will replace w/ 0w20 per my request. I offered to pay the difference between what they did vs the 0w20. Thought that was being fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back