Synthetic Power Steering Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by RyanY
That is likely correct! However, what is the "normal" lifetime of a vehicle? As far as the manufacturer is concerned it is the end of the warranty. As far as I'm concerned my car's life is over when it finally gives up the ghost after lots more miles (or when someone texts/drives and runs into it). Until then, I like to keep all systems, including the PS, in top shape.

Please reread kstanf150's post.
Nobody is talking about the manufacturer warranty period.
Only about the entire life of the vehicle.

"Entire life of the vehicle" is an extremely vague term. I worked for an engineering firm that contracted with Mercedes to evaluate prototype and pre-production vehicles for durability and other program reasons...once those vehicles hit 150k, they were crushed. What I take from that is that durability beyond that mileage is no man's land.

Originally Posted by TXCarGeek
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by RyanY
That is likely correct! However, what is the "normal" lifetime of a vehicle? As far as the manufacturer is concerned it is the end of the warranty. As far as I'm concerned my car's life is over when it finally gives up the ghost after lots more miles (or when someone texts/drives and runs into it). Until then, I like to keep all systems, including the PS, in top shape.

Please reread kstanf150's post.
Nobody is talking about the manufacturer warranty period.
Only about the entire life of the vehicle.

"Entire life of the vehicle" is an extremely vague term. I worked for an engineering firm that contracted with Mercedes to evaluate prototype and pre-production vehicles for durability and other program reasons...once those vehicles hit 150k, they were crushed. What I take from that is that durability beyond that mileage is no man's land.

Enough said
Thanks for your info !
Life Time 🤔

Originally Posted by kstanf150
My point is that the vast majority don't maintain the P/S system as they should. Then it fails at 80K or 200K when most probably would have performed much longer with a regular fluid change.

All electric

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by kstanf150
My point is that the vast majority don't maintain the P/S system as they should. Then it fails at 80K or 200K when most probably would have performed much longer with a regular fluid change.

All electric

What vehicles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back