Synthetic power steering fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
They use various kinds. But I believe this is the only synthetic one Hyundai uses. Much cheaper online though. Around $30 per liter from Amazon.

I know when I had my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe, I couldn't find the recommended PS fluid for it in stores. Never did change it.

Originally Posted By: wymi516
I used this in our 2007 Hyundai Sonata, no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Prestone-AS269-Power-Steering-Vehicles/dp/B007PZNNWK

Good choice.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm not familiar with Hyundai fluids, but if it's listed as compatible by Valvoline Max Life ATF, then go with that. It's synthetic and about $20/gallon. I use it in the PS on anything that I can, even my 67 Ford F250.

Originally Posted By: Jake54
Could anyone recommend a good synthetic power steering fluid for a Hyundai?

Pentosin CHF 11S.

Your vehicle uses an ATF fluid in the power steering system and Maxlife ATF would work well. Pentosin was used in only a few vehicles and not the Sonata. Also, Pentosin is not compatible with other fluids...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Your vehicle uses an ATF fluid in the power steering system and Maxlife ATF would work well. Pentosin was used in only a few vehicles and not the Sonata. Also, Pentosin is not compatible with other fluids...

I couldn't comment regarding that specific model. I have only seen that the CHF 11S, at least in the published Pentosin literature, is listed as being approved by Hyundai.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan

I couldn't comment regarding that specific model. I have only seen that the CHF 11S, at least in the published Pentosin literature, is listed as being approved by Hyundai.

CHF 11S is superceded by CHF 202

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back