Synthetic Oil Life Study: The Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BITOGgers, how's it going?

It's been a year since I stopped taking samples for the Synthetic Oil Life Study, and yet there is still interest in the study. I can't restart the study; I'm only putting 4,000 miles per year on a car these days. Instead, I thought I would do the next best thing, and compile the study information in book form and make it available to a wider audience.

I am looking for contributors to provide insight & analysis to the results, especially people who have a background that is in one way or another relevant. Contributors would need to be able to put together an essay somehow relevant to the oil study that is at least 1,000 words long, but can be any length above that minimum. Of course contributors will be credited, and if they run a relevant business, mention of that can be included if desired.

Another idea is if BITOG would like to do a collective thread where people can make shorter comments and observations, we can figure out how to edit & include that also.

Let me know if anyone is interested in something like this.

Cheers, 3MP

Welcome back!!!

I guess you can search through BiTOG and see how the "study" has been discussed.

A bit of (my usual) corrective criticism - the study would have been much more palatable if it was conducted evenly. The whole swapping filters (or lack thereof), topping up, break in metals, different driving conditions, elapsed time, etc, makes for terrible science. A book? Go for it - I would buy it IF the study was finished.
smile.gif

Good to see you back 3MP! Your study has generated so much talk on all automotive forums! It's too bad you had to stop it though.
frown.gif

Do you still have the Camaro?

It's good to see you guys again.
smile.gif

Pablo, if you want to do a writeup on it, I'd include it.

Patman, we were probably lucky I was able to keep fairly steady conditions even for two years. At least we made it all the way through two oils!

Still have the Camaro, though I only put 4k on it per year now. Sometimes I think about selling but never seem to follow through.

Who else would be interested in having a say? Dyson? Dixie Synthetics?

Cheers, 3MP

It seems this thread was trying to be brought back to life by MIROX and it is in quarantine. Why don't we just lock this thread and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back