Synthetic Oil Bad For Low Mileage Engines

I just watched a teardown video of several Ford Coyote engines. These were low-mileage engines lubed with synthetics and in each case there was a chrystalized deposit on valve rockers and other engine parts. The mechanic stated that he had noticed this build-up on every lower mileage engines using synthetic oil. Anyone else seeing this?

We must look into which manufactures use syn oils as factory fills before thinking what a You tube video has on it. Some YouTube vids are great and some are not so great.

YouTube strikes again.

I can find videos proving that the Earth is flat.

The presence of the video doesn’t make it so.
You are saying I can't learn how to fly an Airliner from You Tube videos? I have 6 hours of video watching and was going to submit an application at the major airlines after the Holidays. Maybe even get hired on as a captain??? 🛩️

I just watched a teardown video of several Ford Coysters engines. These were low-mileage engines lubed with synthetics and in each case there was a chrystalized deposit on valve rockers and other engine parts. The mechanic stated that he had noticed this build-up on every lower mileage engines using synthetic oil. Anyone else seeing this?
Welcome, Harry

I hadn't heard of that. I suppose anything is possible,, it just doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure DeBoss brought that guy back a few videos later and they changed their statement, or at least tried to. That "engine builder" made quite a few outlandish statements during the first video.

You are saying I can't learn how to fly an Airliner from You Tube videos? I have 6 hours of video watching and was going to submit an application at the major airlines after the Holidays. Maybe even get hired on as a captain??? 🛩️
no not on yt...but flight simulator( Microsoft) would get you the creditials you'd be looking for..

Here we go again. How many times do we have to deal with this?

Quick search brought this up, too.

Back