Synthetic OCI variations

No it hasn't been, nor has the transmission. But it came with the towing package which included a transmission cooler. I suspect that helped.

It's been a remarkably reliable vehicle as has been the ECHO. I don't think that is going to be repeated by my new Tiguan but maybe I'll be wrong.
Were you using 5w30 in the Echo?

When full Synthetic was all the rage over 20 years ago, some people were talking about 10k changes...that's BS now of course. My question is, on my car with almost 300k, as long as I'm cold temp checking it regularly (twice a week), Is 6K still acceptable, or should I dial it back to 5k?

Thanks.

Most manufactures now recommend 1 year 10,000 mile oil change intervals for non severe operation.

Most manufactures now recommend 1 year 10,000 mile oil change intervals for non severe operation.
Depends on the vehicle... me and another contributor to this thread have an engine that is prone to sludge buildup. In this motor, I am going nowhere past 6K on oil changes at 273k. Proper viscosity is necessary always...even more so in extremely high mileage motors.

Back