Synthetic ISO 32 Hydraulic Fluid for BL-7000SLX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. So, please bear with me if my searching has failed to find a thread that has already answered my question(s).

According to Bendpak, "Approved fluids are any general purpose ISO-32, ISO-46, or ISO-68 Hydraulic Fluid, approved Automatic Transmission Fluids such as Dexron III, Dexron VI, Mercon V, Mercon LV, or any synthetic multi-vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid."

Although it never really gets cold here in southeast Florida, I am planning to fill the system with something like either Miles Ultihyd Bio ISO 32, Super Lube Synthetic ISO 32-46, or Renewable Lubricants Bio-Food Grade ISO 32 because, based on my admittedly limited knowledge, my first choice is to use a clear, synthetic, anti-wear, iso 32 hydraulic fluid.

Besides the cost, is there any reason that I should not use one of those hydraulic fluids? If so, what's a better alternative/why? From system efficiency and from anti-wear perspectives, would a Dex, Merc, or universal synthetic ATF or another hydraulic fluid be superior? If so, feel free to learn me up! Thanks in advance.

I had some leftover AMSOIL signature series multi vehicle when I filled up my quick jack.

Works fine.

I don't think this thing really cares. Use ATF because it's cheap, or you have it on hand, or if you've got tractor fluid on hand, use that. Change it out every couple years.

If you are in commercial service bending pipe continuously then a good syn fluid would be useful. For a tail pipe shop where it runs 10 minutes every hour almost anything would work.

Rod

This is for a QuickJack.

Bendpack is the manufacturer.

Here's the unit in question:

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-7000slx-portable-car-lift.html

Photo of one taken a minute ago.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I really enjoy mine! Costco has them for $999 for the BL-5000SX (some of been spotted for $899). Just go to their website to see the method of measuring your car(s) jack points to ensure you either get the right model or also purchase the extender (makes it the same as the BL-7000SX which i had to do).

Last edited:
You live in Florida so I would use an ISO-68 hydraulic fluid, but that might be hard to find in the quantity you need. The ATF you mentioned will suffice.

Thanks for all of the input. When the gallon of Miles synthetic ISO 46 Hydraulic Fluid that I ordered arrives, I'll follow up with anything noteworthy pertaining to BL-700SLX or the hydraulic fluid.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back