SYNTECH 5w30 "powered by

This is Oriellys new line of oil, its SP rated. TBN seems a bit low but Blackstone seems to show lower tbn's. Oil seems a little on the thin side of a 30wt
Screenshot_20210120-080606_PDF Reader.jpg

I’m surprised that Castrol hasn’t challenged them on the name. I realize there’s the “H” that differentiates the two but to the average consumer....
And thanks for the VOA!
That's because BP is the OEM, If I recall right someone posted the dexos license number a couple months ago and it ended in 082, which is BP's ID.

Exactly, I was hoping for something good out of it but it seems like a plan Jane add pack. Actually it looks very similar to Magnatec's add pack which is about 14 dollars cheaper per 5qt

Yep. While I’m sure it would do just fine in my car, I’d much rather spend $18.97 for QSUD with a better add pack and enjoy the extra savings on one’s favorite alcoholic beverage...... :cool:

Yep. While I’m sure it would do just fine in my car, I’d much rather spend $18.97 for QSUD with a better add pack and enjoy the extra savings on one’s favorite alcoholic beverage...... :cool:
Check out the rotella Gt, I think it and the qsud are the same exact oil annnddd with the rebate at pepboys basically free right now lol

so I could send in sample to WIX lab in Atlanta and get different results? 🤔🤔
There are a few different methods to determine TBN aren't there? I think there are some differences as well. Its hard to know what test method different companies are using these days.

Exactly, I was hoping for something good out of it but it seems like a plan Jane add pack. Actually it looks very similar to Magnatec's add pack which is about 14 dollars cheaper per 5qt
Out of curiosity, legitimate amounts of boron, moly and titanium... That doesn’t seem to be plain Jane, I haven’t seen too many oil’s that do all three like that. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

This oil is $27.99 with Filter when included in their oil change specials that occurs often. OP, thanks for sharing.

It has just as good an add-pack as any of the majors with SP certification, and BP isn't a small player.

I always liked the Syntec name, and also the Synpower name from Valvoline. I wonder if they will decide to revive it at some point. I believe Synpower is still available in other countries besides the US.

Back