Syntec pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuk

Now that I know how to post photos, I've been looking for something to bore you guys with;
let me try this on you. Has anyone ever posted a photo of what German Syntec looks like?

-

St. Patrick's brand oil...
wink.gif

Do they add green dye so the customer won't see the oil go dark so fast? After all, it's already pretty dark.
tongue.gif

Maybe they figure if it's really dark people won't confuse it with St. Patrick's day beer and try to drink it. Of course that won't help a person with a craving for gummi bears!

quote:

Originally posted by sub_zero:
Looks like Duckhams. I might try the 0W30 Syntec for winter. It's really a toss up between this and Duron XL.

I say to try the Duron XL, simply because there are lots of people using the Castrol and planning to do UOAs, but nobody has run the Petro Can oil yet and done a UOA, and it would be interesting to see how it performs. I've heard good things on Petro Can's top level oils.

I thought it was German oil? It looks Irish to me. And it's still not as pretty green as the old Kendall GT-1...
tongue.gif

[ August 12, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

Patman, dont worry you are going to get one maybe two UOA from the Petro-can Supreme 10 w 30.

My Montana is at 65% on the oil life monitor,(26000km) so its not for tomorrow since I dont want to change the oil before the system tell me to do so.

This oil is used 70 % city,20 Highway 10 highway pulling a trailer. Cant wait to see the result too !

My second UOA might be from my commuter car buick Century 2002 ( 40000km) with 90 % highway milleage

Nice photo ... but it brings up an obvious question. How would it compare to Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 blend?
confused.gif

Sure, we have plenty of UOAs ... but what about what REALLY counts in a motor oil ...

... who has the prettiest color?
grin.gif

--- Bror Jace

You gave me an idea Bror.

I've got German Castrol, Schaeffer Supreme, and Royal Purple in my oil shrine. I should put each of them in a baby food jar and line em up for pictures.

quote:

Patman

You gave me an idea Bror.
I've got German Castrol, Schaeffer Supreme, and Royal Purple in my oil shrine. I should put each of them in a baby food jar and line em up for pictures.

Now this I'd like to see!!
grin.gif

"I've got German Castrol, Schaeffer Supreme, and Royal Purple in my oil shrine. I should put each of them in a baby food jar and line em up for pictures."

Throw in a little MTL/MT-90 and you've got a colorful & festive decoration for the mantle of any fireplace!
smile.gif

Oh, and I'd like to send you a sample of Honda HST (their hydrostatic transmission fluid) which is as clear as virgin baby oil!
shocked.gif

Today I topped 1,500 posts. I is so proud!
grin.gif

--- Bror Jace

Yuk,

First, thanks for publishing these pictures...it surely puts all the questions to rest...I don't know which questions, but whichever, it surely puts them to rest
grin.gif

I think what we need is one of our oilaholics who is also a talented artist to take German Castrol, Royal Purple, Schaeffers, etc and create an art piece using those oils in their natural (unnatural?) colors...I think no oil cellar/shrine would be complete without a copy...by the way, for Last_z, you need a copy for your garage (his garage thread is in the Off-Topic forum).

Anybody think the Castrol is pretty enough to deliberately spill a little down the side of the car during an oil change as kind of an art statement
spaz.gif
...no? OK

[ August 12, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
I thought it was German oil? It looks Irish to me. And it's still not as pretty green as the old Kendall GT-1...
tongue.gif

I used to use GT-1 Turbo all the time. Altho they've recently intro'ed some new oils [no longer the cool green color :-( ], Kendall seems to have fallen into the background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back