Syntec 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to Syntec 5w20 in my TL. I had been using Motorcraft 5w20 SynBlend, which is a very very good oil. As soon as I turned the key, the valvetrain was significantly quieter.

I won't get MPG numbers until next week. I'm back at a client in downtown Houston and have been taking the bus. Thus far, I like it. It may be an underrated oil.

I know some here don't like Syntec because of Castrol's marketing blunders of the past and present. It has no impact on how well the oil runs and I have to say, I'm truly impressed.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Yer just thinkin' with yer dipstick!

OMG... That annoys me so much. My friends said the same thing when I told them I used Syntec over their coveted M1.

Besides, I didn't buy Edge. They don't make it in 5w20.

I am running Syntec 5w-20 in my 5.7 HEMI - and it builds RPMs really smooth and quiet. I believe Syntec may be the thickest of the 5w-20 synthetics.

Originally Posted By: RTBandit
I am running Syntec 5w-20 in my 5.7 HEMI - and it builds RPMs really smooth and quiet. I believe Syntec may be the thickest of the 5w-20 synthetics.

Really? I might have to search the VOA section. I haven't done that in a while. Heck, this is the most active I have been on here in years.

how come you cannot find any uoa for this oil.seems there is 250 uoa of pp but not syntec.dont people who use syntec test it????or just people who run 0-30 german???amsoil,etc.

Originally Posted By: JeepZJ4.0
Originally Posted By: RTBandit

Really? I might have to search the VOA section. I haven't done that in a while. Heck, this is the most active I have been on here in years.

Impressive real world info on Syntec 5w-20 in this thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1513188

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back