syntec 5w 30 vs mobil1 5w 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
syntec 5w 30 vs mobil1 5w 30
my car is infiniti G37 sedan,I fell syntec is more free in my car,let's talk about it

use PP 5W-30 witha good filter, better than both of those you have listed. But if you insist between the 2, go with Mobil, syntec isnt really a synthetic anyway.

This thread is ridiculous.

Go with any of the three mentioned. M1 and PP seem to be longer drain oils, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted By: webfors
either would be good. I'd take Syntec or PP over M1's vanilla 5w30.

Does Syntec have the Honda HTO-6, or Corvette 4718 spec?

Originally Posted By: tig1

I don't believe so no..BUT M1's vanilla does
whistle.gif

I was all for syntec a few years ago . until i did some research and info from this site. Castrol sucks and overprice for me but. everybody in NYC seems to love it. but to each its own i quess

Originally Posted By: daman

I don't believe so no..BUT M1's vanilla does
whistle.gif

For being vanilla, I believe it has more specs than most 5-30s including Syntec. PP being the exception.

Syntec use to meet the GM4718 spec and all of sudden it didnt i cant put money in a lackluster gr3 motor oil. and you should not also in the G37

Does a G37 need either of those?

Originally Posted By: cshaynes2000
use PP 5W-30 witha good filter, better than both of those you have listed. But if you insist between the 2, go with Mobil, syntec isnt really a synthetic anyway.

Neither is Mobil, or PP for that matter...they are all "blends".

To the OP use Syntec if you like it better. They will both keep your engine running longer than the body will survive the elements.

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
Use whatever is cheaper and put the money you save into other quality products for your car...because it won't matter.

Exactly, buy which ever ones on sale.

Mobil 1 Hi Miles 5w-30.

Thicker and better than regular M1 5w-30.

Come summer, try the Shell Rotella 10w-30.

I was using Syntec for years, until i bought an Audi. Then realized how weak it can be. I then tried Mobil 1 and got better results. Now in my Currents vehicles i have upgraded to Amsoil. This is after many others (MOTUL, Redline, Royal purple) All pricey but far superior in engine performance.
The pricey ones are harder to find, Amsoil is at Canadian Tire and most other stores, So its a easy choice for me.

To answer your specific question. Mobil 1.
I would spend the extra 3 bucks a ltr and get Amsoil or Redline if you can find it. Our Nissans love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back