SYNPOWER ENGINE TREATMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you find this stuff??
I have seen a couple of pics of the bottle on the internet, yet nothing on Valvoline website, and no one seems to carry it. Anyone know where to get it, BOOKU MOLY.

It has been discontinued.
IIRC, it stopped being sold 4-5 years ago.

There is always Redline, they sell something like "Engine break in fluid" or something like it. It has enough additives in it you could use it for 2-3 oil changes.

I have been thinking about ordering some of it myself along with some Water Wetter just to check them out.

Synpower engine treatment, AKA VSOT was discontinued as already mentioned. Redline Break In Oil Additive is available and boosts ZDDP nicely. 1oz/qt of oil is all that is needed, to boost 700 ppm phosphorous to a total of about 1275 ppm. This is a nice shot of phos especially in an older car with flat tappets.

The name is misleading, according to Redline it can be added as I mentioned to any oil to boost ZDDP levels, so it not only is a break in add, but an additive to boost ZDDP as well.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the oil additives section?

HTH

I believe that VSOT was reduced substantially in the additive load in recent years. I did read that there is a "Professional Grade" that maintained a high additive level with respect o Zn, P and Moly? Can anyone conferm this as I remember VOAs of VSOT reflected this.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I believe that VSOT was reduced substantially in the additive load in recent years. I did read that there is a "Professional Grade" that maintained a high additive level with respect o Zn, P and Moly? Can anyone conferm this as I remember VOAs of VSOT reflected this.

I do remember reading that. If someone is looking to boost ZDDP the Redline Break In Add is just the ticket. For about $13.00 a bottle you can treat 3 cars with a 5 qt sump.

I've read mixed reviews about the STP 4 cyl additive. Seems it is better than the blue bottle, but I think the RL Break in oil add is the way to go.

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I've read mixed reviews about the STP 4 cyl additive. Seems it is better than the blue bottle, but I think the RL Break in oil add is the way to go.

AD

I've seen a posting on one forum where a guy did an oil analysis on different additives, one being STP Red. While it did give a good dose of Zink in earlier years, it is now widdled down to such that it isn't worth buying. The ppm effect of adding it was negliable.

Last edited:
I found some of the VSOT "Professional Grade" wondering around a NAPA yesterday. For $5 I got a 15oz bottle, should last me 3 OCI's if I use 1oz per quart of oil.
I think I will use it to add to my SuperTech OCI's that will eventually come up.

I assume it is pretty old as it was covered in dust.

They also had 1qt bottle of stuff called "Valvoline Professional Engine Treatment" I had never seen before. It reminded me of a thicker flush/oil additive, kind of like MMO, but more of a 20 or 30 weight. No where near as thick as the 15oz bottle I picked up.

I just scored the last lonely bottle(15oz) on a discount table at PepBoys. Everything on the table was a dollar including the VSOT. The bottle was a bit dusty but the foil seal beneath the cap was unscathed.

PM TallPaul or search his posts. He seems to have the zddp levels of all these additives committed to memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back