Synmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have heard of Synmax racing oils. My cousin uses Synmax 5W-50 synthetic in his circle track car in the midwest. Half-mile tracks mostly. He says its a great racing oil and cheaper than Joe Gibbs racing oils. He's now getting three or four race on the oil. I am not sure where he buys it though.

You can buy it from lefthanderchassis.com. I run SynMax 5W40 in my former cup car. Good stuff. Some aerospace engineers took a look at all the synthetic oils and formulated this stuff, based on what they thought was missing from the other oils. It's loaded with ZDDP,as well. Great for our flat tappet engines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: flattappet
You can buy it from lefthanderchassis.com. I run SynMax 5W40 in my former cup car. Good stuff. Some aerospace engineers took a look at all the synthetic oils and formulated this stuff, based on what they thought was missing from the other oils. It's loaded with ZDDP,as well. Great for our flat tappet engines.

Which series/classes do you run that thing in (the former cup car that is)??

I run SCCA SPO class(Road racing courses,Lime rock, Watkins Glen,etc). Former Terry Labonte Cup car, dyno's at 770HP...LOL

Originally Posted By: flattappet
I run SCCA SPO class(Road racing courses,Lime rock, Watkins Glen,etc). Former Terry Labonte Cup car, dyno's at 770HP...LOL

COOL!!
thumbsup2.gif

That's what I was hoping you were going to say instead of a roundy-round series, but I did not want to be presumptuous.
wink.gif

Do they ever let you run in the GT1 class if their field is way too small (or combine classes)?

Read, with intrest, their TDS on 'break in motor oil'. I was always led to beleive that the best runing in oils were detergent free, but according to Synmax, their oil has 'heavy duty dtergent additives'. Any comments?

Here we go guys, I scored 6 gallons of this oil for $76 delivered.Got it delivered today. 3 gallons of 5w-30 and 3 gallons of 5w-50.
Regular price for gallon of street version is close to $38 and Racing close to $55.
Their website is very nice and informative, they don't hide most numbers. They claim to use a substitute for ZZDP so it is less poisonous for cats. Anyway most of it will probably be used on my buddies stage 2 2004 VW GTI without cats, he doesn't track it but ofter drives like he stole it.
I will probably have one Oci on each in my car to try it out.
Would some be interested in VOA with TBN of each oil? Would be nice to split the cost with someone.
Will probably do UOA on both, but it won't be accurate since I will water down 5w-50 with 1qt of MMO in summer and 5w-30 will probably have a quart of other oil added.
P.S. I got Racing versions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back