Synmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZDDP is not hard or expensive to come by. Just buy a mixed fleet HDEO or a superbike 4T Race oil. Or for that matter a Sg/Sh Lawnmower oil.

Last edited:
I just looked at their datasheet on the street 5w-30 oil. Didnt see anything I liked, NO API or ILSAC spec, and a very sparse datasheet. I PASS.

The manual transmission and gear oils are PAO. Looks like BG, Redline, Amsoil, Royalpurple.... have some 'synchromesh' competition.

Originally Posted By: ted s
over 7.50 bucks a quart

You are paying for the Diamond Like Additive TM
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: unDummy
The manual transmission and gear oils are PAO. Looks like BG, Redline, Amsoil, Royalpurple.... have some 'synchromesh' competition.

Who cares, since when is PAO a good gear lube base?

Probably just a fancy marketing term. Bet it is has whatever brand.... Oronite, Lubrizol, Infineum, Afton.... additive and blended next to dozens of other relabeled brands.

Waiting for someone to market Pico, Femto, or Atto additives......
These new Nano additives are so 'blah'

I have done 2 voa on racing 5w-30 and 5w-50. Search voa section. I've used gallon of 5w-50 and 1qt of Motul 5w-40 ll-01 in his boosted stage 2 wv GTI, unfortunately car was sold before I could take sample for uoa. It seemed it used less oil.
I still have 5 gallons, will brobably use as top off and mix with something--to much zzdp.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
He suggested a 10w30 over a 5w30 when over 100k miles.

As for the 50/50 mix with Group III/Group IV, I certainly don't have have the expertise to know if that's the optimal choice (it does sound cool to me, for what it's worth). But, if you're over 100,000 miles, don't bother with 10w-30, just use MaxLife.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back