Synlube oils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAL

What is the consensus on Synlube lubricants? I'm an Amsoil user but was curious on this stuff.

Is it really that good according to the website?

I've done a search of the website here but there is not much info on Synlube.

Thanks.

I used synthetics for years with out to many problems (mostly Mobil 1) but have since switched back to regular engine oil. I spoke with an engineer that explained to me that synthetic oil is basicaly plastic polymer based. Over time the molecules will bed themselves into the cyclinder walls filiing the pores. This can be a problem because the oil will not be able to cling to the walls, which in tern will cause them to wear rapidly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally Posted By: headstone
I used synthetics for years with out to many problems (mostly Mobil 1) but have since switched back to regular engine oil. I spoke with an engineer that explained to me that synthetic oil is basicaly plastic polymer based. Over time the molecules will bed themselves into the cyclinder walls filiing the pores. This can be a problem because the oil will not be able to cling to the walls, which in tern will cause them to wear rapidly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Woof. Learn the basics. Doesn't even have much relevance with the OP's question.

I think what we've learned about Synlube so far (which isn't that much), make the claims seem a little far fetched.

I dont think anyone here has even tried it. So any claims as to whether its good or bad should be taken with a grain of salt. All you can do is try it and see what happens, I would suggest doing it after your warranty expires though.

If you do a search, you will find plenty of reading on Synlube. For even more fun, read the thread over on Noria forum.
27.gif
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back