I was searching the web and found this. Never heard of this oil. I like the conclusion especially the "LEASING" part ... granted that "Past the oem warranty" section could be somewhat extreme or over the top! Definitely agree with the "When not to use" section. synlubeI CONCLUSION When to use SAE 5W-20 (or SAE 0W-20) Motor Oil ?
- When "fuel economy" is paramount in importance
- If you are LEASING the vehicle for NOT LONGER than the OEM Engine Warranty
- If you are not planning to keep the vehicle past the OEM Engine Warranty
- If your vehicle has "High Performance" or "Heavy-Duty" Engine
- If you live in very HOT Climate, where you do not encounter below freezing temperatures
- If you plan to tow anything with your vehicle
- If you plan to keep you vehicle longer than the OEM Engine Warranty duration
- If you subject your vehicle to "high-loads", like frequent "up-hill" travel
- If minimal Engine wear is more important to you than "fuel economy"