Synergyn Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is using Synergyn oil in their vehicle? We have discussed this oil before, but I am looking for real world impressions on the 0W20, 3W30 and 5W30. The product page is here:

http://www.synergynracing.com/public/productline.html

cheers.gif

[ June 10, 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

I have used their oils for years before switching to GC and Torco (convenience). I put over 400,000 trouble free miles (engines only lol) on two Ford vans. Great oil IMO

BTW, I am just as satisfied with Torco and GC though not as many miles so far...

Thanks, that is what I am looking for. I am not interested in GC because it is not available in our town and I am always afraid of history repeating itself. So I would have to mail order it or drive to Little Rock. If I was going to mail order an oil the 5W30 Synergyn looks very good along with the Torco and Royal Purple. I am looking for an oil for 1 year change intervals on my wifes Mazda.
Looks like I will settle on the 5W30 for one year and then analysis. I am presently using Red Line in the Mazda, but a change and analysis will be done in 2 weeks.

smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by tenderloin:
I have used their oils for years before switching to GC and Torco (convenience). I put over 400,000 trouble free miles (engines only lol) on two Ford vans. Great oil IMO

BTW, I am just as satisfied with Torco and GC though not as many miles so far...

So do you mean u put 200k on each?? I have a 1995 Ford Van looking to get some extra life out of it. Currently using Motor Guard and Amsoil S3k 5W-30 which seems to be the best amsoil oil. Perhaps i might switch to Synergen if its better. When you say engines only do you mean you had transmission problems or what? I have a magnefine and using Amsoil ATF hopefully that will prevent fugure problems.
confused.gif

[ June 10, 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: therion ]

I had over 300,000 miles on one, nearly 200,000 miles on the other one. Mostly Synergyn oil. If not Synergyn oil treatment in oil and gear boxes.

Not sure if there is a Torco dealer on this site..if not, you can buy factory direct for $4.75 a quart. Shipping is only $3.00 no matter how many quarts you buy.
shocked.gif

[ June 10, 2004, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

I have 5000 miles on Synergyn 0w-20 and expect to do a UOA in another 2000 miles. My consumption is similar to M1 0w-20. I'll have to wait for the UOA to tell you how the two compare. TooSlick ran the Synergyn 0w-20 in his Toyota truck also.

I ran 0w20 on the wife's MDX and have it as current fill with about 2k more before UOA.

I will most likely not use the oil anymore - I don't feel I'm getting my $$$ worth. I might go with the GC(since I have them on hand) or go with the proven M1 0w20.

confused.gif
I wondered why you said you wouldn't use it anymore. If its price I paid $107.20 to my door thats about $5.35 a qt.. It seems to be well made on par with GC RP or RL.I haven't used it yet but will give it a chance and see how it stacks up.
lol.gif

Synergyn oils aren't super long drain oils from what their tech guy told me. I think they recommend 2x the normal interval or something similar. I think TBN is 10 for most of their oils. The former chemist at Amsoil is now in charge at Synergyn. The 3w-30 looks like a very good oil. Might consider them for my next car. They too are a PAO + V based oil.

i agree, why? redline already has a robust additive package, especially with soooo much moly :)

TooSlick said he was going to use Synergyn 0w20 in his Toyota truck after the run with Amsoil 5w20 last year. Whatever became of that?
dunno.gif

Hey, thought I'd bump this up. A lot of people I think over look this stuff. Thanks to Motorbike, we have two VOAs of the 3w-30 and the 5w-30 and they both look sweeet.
wink.gif
I also like supporting small, humble companies and Synergyn seems to be exactly that.
smile.gif

They look similar to M1 in formulation but contain added ZDP (which I like) and maybe more ester. Have a look.

Synergyn UOAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back