Synergyn 3W30, 5000Miles, Mazda 4 cyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 5K run on Synergyn 3W30 in my wifes 2000 Mazda 626, 2.0L with 26K total miles on the engine. Also the oil was run 1 year. (11 months)

code:

Iron 6

Copper 10

Lead 3

Alum 5

Silicon 5

Sodium 5

Potass 3

Moly 104

Boron 72

Calcium 3261

Magnes 12

Phos 1286

Antimony 10

Zinc 1575

All others 0

Oxidation 947

Nitration 68

Sulfation 168

Soot 9

Viscosity 11.7 (30W)

Ferrous Deb 18

ZDDP -0.06

Coolant Neg

Fuel Dil Neg

Water Neg

No TBN

My comments: Sodium and Potassium show at very low levels in this engine with no Anti-freeze detection. So not a concern. The viscosity is normal for this oil. Oxidation, darn?????? Beats me. That is why Dyson Analysis is used for my interpetations. This is sitting in his computer as I type.

I did change oil and filter. I am running Red Line 5W20 and a Mazda Full Flow filter. Flat panel air cleaner from Napa (Wix) is holding up very nice in this engine.

cheers.gif

[ November 18, 2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

This is the 3W30 Synergyn. Thanks, I corrected it in the first line in the opening post.

smile.gif

Great report IMO. I've always liked this oil. Strong additive package. Resembles M1 with about the same amount of Moly/Boron and Ca only this oil supposedly has some unique esters. I spoke with a guy in NJ who sells it and he told me this. Good stuff.

Thanks for the Synergyn report. I have a gallon ready to go in my next OCI but never saw too many reports. Does the copper always run that high not a big deal though a good report overall.

Copper seems to be normal for this engine. Here is the last UOA at 21K and it was using 5W30 Synergyn, and the one prior to that on Red Line

5W30 Synergyn

For some reason, Synergyn recommended the 3W30 over their 5W30 for my yearly drains. I change this vehicle once a year.

smile.gif

Tony,

I'd be more complimentary about your excellent UOA but I just can't get past how you made poor joee12 your lackey...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back