SYN-PRO 5w30 100% Synthetic Group IV/V

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

-

I'm trying this oil out in our Toyota 4x4 that we mostly haul, tow and plow with.

[ January 18, 2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Schmoe:
No moly???

i realize many here are moly maniacs
grin.gif
, but some of the new super-high-tech, anti-friction, extended drain interval, fuel economy oils are not using moly.

for example, this oil is specified for up to 30k drain intervals all the while increasing fuel economy up to 10%.

-

-

quote:

A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in high performance gasoline and car + light van diesel engines designed to be capable of using low-friction, low-viscosity oils with a High temperature/High shear (HT/HS) rate viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.

These oils may be unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

Yep, thanks for sharing the Elf analysis. Where does one purchase Elf oils and how much for the Elf Evolution?

just to let you know i get this syn pro 5w30 100% synthetic oil off a guy from a rig i get it by gallons and boxes ive got over 20 gallons of it he gives me a bunch and its valvoline synthetic confirmed just imagine it says valvoline on the jus the only reason its called syn pro is they cant use valvolines name on the syn pro jug and quart bottles i use it it does not sludge i change it every 5,000 miles i have a 350 chevy engine 1979 chevy 350 dont go with that 10,000 mile change stick with 3-5000 i use lucas with kine to by the way great combination lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer and syn pro lucas works its not snake oil like sum people call it i had rod knock at one point and it stopped it till i got it fixed raised oil pressure everything it said it would do and more hope this helps yall out on the syn pro grab u a bottle of valvoline and read it becuz thats what syn pro is i cant say the name of the guy who gives me the oil for his protection and my protection of getting in trouble he runs the company though he has access to it he dont steal it but other people would be hitting him up you see what im saying i didnt hit him up he offered it hey want sum oil and of course i said sure long as u dont get in trouble hope this helps you all out with the syn pro on what it is valvoline confirmed made for the syn pro jug like i said they cant use valvolines name on the jug or else they would get sued to kingdom come

Originally Posted By: robbiejt
just to let you know i get this syn pro 5w30 100% synthetic oil off a guy from a rig i get it by gallons and boxes ive got over 20 gallons of it he gives me a bunch and its valvoline synthetic confirmed just imagine it says valvoline on the jus the only reason its called syn pro is they cant use valvolines name on the syn pro jug and quart bottles i use it it does not sludge i change it every 5,000 miles i have a 350 chevy engine 1979 chevy 350 dont go with that 10,000 mile change stick with 3-5000 i use lucas with kine to by the way great combination lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer and syn pro lucas works its not snake oil like sum people call it i had rod knock at one point and it stopped it till i got it fixed raised oil pressure everything it said it would do and more hope this helps yall out on the syn pro grab u a bottle of valvoline and read it becuz thats what syn pro is i cant say the name of the guy who gives me the oil for his protection and my protection of getting in trouble he runs the company though he has access to it he dont steal it but other people would be hitting him up you see what im saying i didnt hit him up he offered it hey want sum oil and of course i said sure long as u dont get in trouble hope this helps you all out with the syn pro on what it is valvoline confirmed made for the syn pro jug like i said they cant use valvolines name on the jug or else they would get sued to kingdom come

My brain hurts after reading that.

its valvoline synthetic sorry for the long post just explaining for those who was curious about the syn pro oil i know what yall mean i was skeptical of it when i first seen it i was like what the heck is syn pro then i asked sum1 and they said valvoline synthetic

i got a question though do you all think this oil is ok for my engine would it be knocking or sumthing if the oil was to thin for it or would i be able to tell if it was to thin

Originally Posted By: alltrac
My brain hurts after reading that.

You need to capitalize and punctuate your sentences. If you pre-read your posts you may notice its just one long run on sentence.

Originally Posted By: robbiejt
i got a question though do you all think this oil is ok for my engine would it be knocking or sumthing if the oil was to thin for it or would i be able to tell if it was to thin

No it should not knock.

I would suggest however if you would like some more diverse input to post your question in the passenger car motor oil section. If you elaborate on the question and supply more detailed information about the engine and oil the responses will be greatly enhanced.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back