Switching to Schaeffer's Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking strongly about switching to Schaeffer's Oil. Would 5000 miles per oil change be acceptable using that oil? I drive 10 miles each way to and from work (mixed highway and city driving), and since I work 12 hour shifts I get three and then four days off. On my days off, I often take long trips because I do a lot of photography. I have already ordered Neutra and Schaeffer's oil supplement from Tim Mills-he is really cool and will allow a person to make small orders. I have been using Chevron oil which I really like, but the Schaeffer's Oil would allow longer oil changes and save money. I drive a 2001 Saturn SL2. I like to use 10W-30 in the summer, because it gets so hot here, and 5W-30 the rest of the year. What about the oil filter? Change it at 3000 miles and add oil to replace that in the filter, or use an oil filter like Amsoil or K&N?

5000 miles is a piece of cake for Schaeffer Oil, look at this UOA:

Schaeffer 10w30:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000377

Don't even bother changing the oil filter at 3k, it's a waste of money and time. You could keep the same filter on there for 10k very easily. You could also run their 5w30 blend all year round if you want, it'll handle the summer heat just as well as their 10w30 will.

Schaeffer Supreme 7000 is about $3 per quart ... but you can save a little more money if you order $250 worth of case lots at a time.

Have $300 worth of stuff on the way to me now.
wink.gif

Mystic, I'd say 5,000 miles is no problem ... but I'm probably going to stick with 4,000-4,500 for a while in my 175hp Spec-V ... at least at first.

--- Bror Jace

No need to change the filter at 3K. I've run a single filter(Pronto, mfg by Hastings- all gone now
frown.gif
)for a full 6K interval, & another(Pure One) for 9.3K. Bare nekkid BobZoil should make 5K *easily*.
grin.gif

Best to call Tim for a price, I'd hate to tell you wrong.

Bror: that's a lot of oil coming your way!

I wish lubes were as cheap over here. I'd gladly pay $3/qt for a good oil like Schaeffer. Mobil 1 0W-40 is $11.20/qt here!!!
mad.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JB:
Bror: that's a lot of oil coming your way!

I wish lubes were as cheap over here. I'd gladly pay $3/qt for a good oil like Schaeffer. Mobil 1 0W-40 is $11.20/qt here!!!
mad.gif

You can get that same deal as he did on Schaeffer Oil, he ordered from Tim Mills (see ad above this thread)

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:
JB is in Malaysia...the freight from Texarkana would be a deal breaker.

I didn't realize he was over there. I just saw the two letters for his location and figured it was one of the US states. I was terrible at Geography.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back