Switching to Pennzoil Dino from NAPA Syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
...there's allot of great conventional oil out there if that's the road you need to take take PYB or M1, Valvoline or MC just to name a few
I was thinking Shell 5w30, it seems a bit lighter than the YB and I recall reading a VOA showing Boron AW/EP in the mix. The yaris should be easy on the oil, but its still got a hot thermostat, flat tappets, chain and hyd tensioner, hyd variable valve timing (whew!) that I'm trying to keep clean. I'm moving from a wix to a bosch-branded purolator the next OCI. Thanks for the support
55.gif
-I've taken this thread 2 far off course already.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: daman
...there's allot of great conventional oil out there if that's the road you need to take take PYB or M1, Valvoline or MC just to name a few
I was thinking Shell 5w30, it seems a bit lighter than the YB and I recall reading a VOA showing Boron AW/EP in the mix. The yaris should be easy on the oil, but its still got a hot thermostat, flat tappets, chain and hyd tensioner, hyd variable valve timing (whew!) that I'm trying to keep clean. I'm moving from a wix to a bosch-branded purolator the next OCI. Thanks for the support
55.gif
-I've taken this thread 2 far off course already.

You sound like you know what to do,she's in good hands.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back