Switching Oil Filters At WM Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
By the way, if I found that (an empty Mobil 1 box with a Supertech filter in it) I would have torn the box into pieces and dropped it into the nearest trash can. Its an empty box. Its trash. It serves no purpose. You already tried to rectify the situation, and the store employee failed, so I see nothing wrong with fixing the problem on your own so that some other unsuspecting consumer isn't ripped off.

BT, I see exactly what you're saying, and I agree. I figured by leaving the empty Mobil 1 box sitting there next to the ST filter, the stock person would see it and dispose of it properly. If you look at the properties of my pic I took it at 6:56 AM CST, way before the automotive car care center was open. And, there was a skeleton crew there anyway. I definitely WASN'T going to put it back on the shelf like I had found it.
But, it makes me mad that they (WM) would intentionally place it back on the shelf like that!
mad.gif

How they not expect you to use your camera phone in store? [censored] they are offering free WiFi in the store!!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
So you can't take pictures inside of WalMart?

Its a free country. I'll take any pictures I damm well please. Store security can ASK me not to, but if I want to take a picture, then I am taking a picture. Of course, as agents for the property, they can ask me leave as well.

I'm with you on that one, 100%. I have respect for the place I worked for that did not want us taking pics for patent/trade secret reasons, that's different. In a public place, like a store, they're gonna have to do more than tell me what I can do with my own possessions, ie a phone/camera. ... and yes, I'll gladly leave, and not come back if necessary.

Originally Posted By: bchannell
I have respect for the place I worked for that did not want us taking pics for patent/trade secret reasons, that's different.

Not to mention probably get fired for doing so ... I would if I started taking picture inside were I work, strict company discipline and a reason to fire over it.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: bchannell
I have respect for the place I worked for that did not want us taking pics for patent/trade secret reasons, that's different.

Not to mention probably get fired for doing so ... I would if I started taking picture inside were I work, strict company discipline and a reason to fire over it.

When I worked there were no problems taking picture inside in other than classified areas if you had a camera permit.
But stores are considered public domain.

Here another picture I took at my local WM today

I have yet to have one person tell me I could not do this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
When I worked there were no problems taking picture inside in other than classified areas if you had a camera permit. But stores are considered public domain.

That's what I'm talking about, and before cell phones there was actually a 'no cameras allowed' on any company property without a permit.

I agree that Walmart can't enforce a 'no picture policy' per any laws, but they could ask anyone to leave for no real reason since it's their property/premises.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I've never seen a Mall Cop in WM. Do you live in a high crime area?

Around here they are called "loss prevention". Couple of dudes, usually wearing overly average clothing, walking around carrying "merchandise" with a scowl on their face. Sometimes when I'm poking around the auto section they walk by awkwardly a few times checking me out. Like when I'm opening oil filter boxes to check the contents, I'm all too aware of the "K&N in a Fram box" trick. So I check. I guess that makes me look suspicious. Maybe I should run to the register and look real dodgy and shifty while I'm shopping. Give the loss prevention team something to do.

They cannot stop you from taking pics. Lots of items now come with digital coupons. More and more, people are using phones for shopping.

Originally Posted By: 69Torino
Originally Posted By: tig1
I've never seen a Mall Cop in WM. Do you live in a high crime area?

Around here they are called "loss prevention". Couple of dudes, usually wearing overly average clothing, walking around carrying "merchandise" with a scowl on their face. Sometimes when I'm poking around the auto section they walk by awkwardly a few times checking me out. Like when I'm opening oil filter boxes to check the contents, I'm all too aware of the "K&N in a Fram box" trick. So I check. I guess that makes me look suspicious. Maybe I should run to the register and look real dodgy and shifty while I'm shopping. Give the loss prevention team something to do.

I have seen those shoppers at my local WM.
And yes, there is a high theft rate at my local WM. It's positioned in the "bad" part of town. My race is outnumbered like 60%-30%-10%. There is ALWAYS a Marksville, La. police car there taking one of the 60% to jail. All of the little towns surrounding our local WM are retired farmers or regular farmers. They drive anywhere from 11 miles up to 17 miles (This is how far I drive to WM) to our local WM. The security is ramped up from the 1st day of the month through the 4th day of the month. That's when Food Stamps are used and the police are stationed there on a regular basis those 4 days.
So, yes, we have a HUGE theft rate at our local WM.

I'm pretty sure EVERY Walmart has Loss Prevention people now matter where the store is. Some stores have more than others. People ARE going to steal.

I was looking at filters in a Walmart and an employee was keeping watch on me.

I don't get offended or think I'm being 'profiled' like some people claim.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

LOL the guy he should have been watching over on the next isle was stealing them blind!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

LOL the guy he should have been watching over on the next isle was stealing them blind!

JJ, it might seem funny in a way, but in another way you're so right too! WM has their priorities "DONKEY" backwards, sometimes!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That's what I'm talking about, and before cell phones there was actually a 'no cameras allowed' on any company property without a permit.

Heck, years ago, when our North Walmart (no longer a Walmart there) was Woolco, long before digital photography, there were signs against filming in the store. As I've mentioned, though, I'd agree they can certainly ask people to leave, but with the ubiquity of cell phone cameras these days, they'd have a better chance at enforcing a "socks required" policy.

Walmart now has a smartphone app that allows you to scan UPCs for price checks, so I doubt the "no picture" policy is enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back