Switched to Chevron

Status
Not open for further replies.
No UOA's from the Castrol. I may do some w/ the Chevron, we'll see.
I feel like just putting in the stuff with a Napa Gold filter every 3K and not thinking about it anymore!!!
But then again....

Know how you feel - I used 10w30 GTX for years - after reading this forum have gone with Pennzoil 5w30 for winter and 10w for summer - with a good quality filter from Wix or Tennex and forget it!

Yeah, this forum will warp your mind. For years, I was happy just using whatever name brand dino was on sale every 3k, with an AC filter on GM's, and a Motorcraft filter on my Ford.

Come to think of it, I never ever had a problem with this ritual. Unfortunately, I am "hooked" after coming here. D*mn you BITOG!!!!! (just kidding)

[ October 22, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: novadude ]

That engine will not give you problems with pour point unless you are really going into the cold. I never ran anything lighter than Delo 15w40 in mine, with am temps as low as -10C. Even ran 20W50 for a while to compensate for lifter problems that I inherited from the previous owner.

quote:

Originally posted by MarkC:
No UOA's from the Castrol. I may do some w/ the Chevron, we'll see.
I feel like just putting in the stuff with a Napa Gold filter every 3K and not thinking about it anymore!!!
But then again....

Yup, that is EXACTLY how I feel, and that is what I am doing.....I think I lost five years of my life dwelling over what is the best oil, filter, etc...

Welcome to the wonderful, wAcKy world of obessive/compulsive personality disorders! (and, some of you are paying for the experience...
grin.gif
)

[ October 22, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

...after reading the UOA's and the posts, I switched to Chevron 10W30 this weekend. Nothing scientific, but my Cherokee 'feels'smoother and sounds quieter( relatively speaking, of course; it is, after all, a 4.0). I have run Castrol 10W30 for almost 7 years in it with no problem, but thought I'd try something different.
But now, I read about winter worries regarding the pour point.
I'm getting tired of being obsessed with oil, ****it!

quote:

Originally posted by MarkC:
I'm getting tired of being obsessed with oil, ****it!

LOL I know what you mean. I fear this is just the beginning though
banghead.gif

I've also read the cold pour concerns about the Chev Supreme and have thought about switching. Not sure exactly what I'll do, if anything, but for starters if I were you I might switch to the 5w-30 instead of the 10w-30.

Are you planning on doing a UOA after one or two intervals with the Chev? Do you have any from the Castrol 10w-30 to compare #s with?

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back