Switch or stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just approching 100K on a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 ecotec, used Valvoline 5w30 all climate from the start. No issues to speak of in the valve train thus far and no leaks. All hiway commuting miles.
Question is this; Switch to a semi-sythetic now, or do an oil analysis and see what it shows, or simply stay with what I have been doing? The only real nerve racker I have had since the get go has been the 9018 coffee filter protecting my motor.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Honestly I would leave well enough alone, if it aint broke don't fix it. You're using a good product, unless you want to start shopping sales, or really feel the need to change to a semi-synthetic oil I would leave it alone, JMO

AD

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Honestly I would leave well enough alone, if it aint broke don't fix it. You're using a good product, unless you want to start shopping sales, or really feel the need to change to a semi-synthetic oil I would leave it alone, JMO

AD

X2 based on your post that everything is fine now. Don't mess with it.

Ecotecs are VERY easy on oil. The Valvoline will continue to work GREAT on it for as long as you want it to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back