Swirl or wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be that most car waxes always instructed you to swirl the wax as it was being applied and removed. I don't see a lot of that anymore, but instead merely a mention of wipe on and wipe off. Is there a difference? What am I missing if I wipe on/off a sealer or a wax?

When working by hand, always wipe [gently] in the direction air would flow over the surface of the car when moving forward. Never use a motion that would be conducive to swirls.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
When working by hand, always wipe [gently] in the direction air would flow over the surface of the car when moving forward. Never use a motion that would be conducive to swirls.

Correct. This way any scratches or marks you leave behind are less visible. Same applies to washing and drying the car.

Whoops, I always swirl it at first then wipe in a line to finish it off before moving in o the next panel. I've been doing it wrong I guess.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Whoops, I always swirl it at first then wipe in a line to finish it off before moving in o the next panel. I've been doing it wrong I guess.

For heavier polishing, you want to work perpendicular to the scratch with the initial product. This will smooth off the edges and make it less visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back