Suzuki Oil Filter - 16510-96J10

Suzuki Outboard DF150A- Calls for suzuki OEM oil filter 16510-96J10

Been seeing some conflicting info on cross reference options. I believe the correct cross is wix is 57145 and napa is 7145, Can anyone confirm this

ALso have seen several people mention that aftermarket oil filters restrict oil pressure more than the Suzuki OEM. Any thoughts? Wouldn't think that would be the case.

I ran both wix and fram on my last suzuki outboard without any issues, but this one has a different part # for the filter

Suzuki Outboard DF150A- Calls for suzuki OEM oil filter 16510-96J10

Been seeing some conflicting info on cross reference options. I believe the correct cross is wix is 57145 and napa is 7145, Can anyone confirm this

ALso have seen several people mention that aftermarket oil filters restrict oil pressure more than the Suzuki OEM. Any thoughts? Wouldn't think that would be the case.

I ran both wix and fram on my last suzuki outboard without any issues, but this one has a different part # for the filter
I'm not sure on your other questions but if the aftermarket filter is made to meet or exceed Original Equipment Manufacturers specifications then there is no issue with the oil pressure.

You'd have to verify the cross reference. Problem is, some OE's change PN's like underwear and it might take years for filter catalogues to update a cross reference.

Since Suzuki also made cars here, and still makes motorcycles along with various other small engines, I have yet to see anything special concerning a Suzuki oil filter, or engine oiling system. People mention a lot of hype without any factual data. Does anyone have any proof concerning aftermarket oil filter flow, or engine back to back filter comparisons of oil pressure differences?

I'd use whatever brand filter that is recommended for the engine family without hesitation.

You'd have to verify the cross reference. Problem is, some OE's change PN's like underwear and it might take years for filter catalogues to update a cross reference.

Since Suzuki also made cars here, and still makes motorcycles along with various other small engines, I have yet to see anything special concerning a Suzuki oil filter, or engine oiling system. People mention a lot of hype without any factual data. Does anyone have any proof concerning aftermarket oil filter flow, or engine back to back filter comparisons of oil pressure differences?

I'd use whatever brand filter that is recommended for the engine family without hesitation.
The Honda guys enjoy the same filter interchangeability between cars, bikes, small engines and outboards when it comes to aftermarket filters. A A01/02 from the car side(as well as the 7317/51356) will fit almost any Honda bike, “big” small engine and outboard.

Not so much with Suzuki as their cars were weird conglomerations of Daewoo/Holden, Nissan or even GM USA(they did use the 3.6L Saab-based V6 in the XL-9, a Japanese-built version of the Chevy Equinox/Traverse) but their bikes use the same “universal” Japanese metric thread filter as do many Yamaha and Kawasaki bikes/ATVs/jet skis do. Either use the OE Suzuki filter or the Hiflo Filtro/Fram/Wix/Champ equivalent. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same filter as a Suzuki bike though.

No proof ... all rumors and parroting by people that don't understand oil filters or oiling systems. No oil filter "restricts oil pressure" to the oiling system unless the filter is so blocked that it causes the PD oil pump to hit pressure relief, which is a vary rare situation. No new oil filter is that flow restrictive.

The last outboard I owned was a 2008 200 horsepower 4 stroke Suzuki. Used NAPA-Wix exclusively. Never a problem. The fuel system on this engine was a different story. Couldn’t trust it when temps were over 85 degrees. Stalled etc.

The last outboard I owned was a 2008 200 horsepower 4 stroke Suzuki. Used NAPA-Wix exclusively. Never a problem. The fuel system on this engine was a different story. Couldn’t trust it when temps were over 85 degrees. Stalled etc.

I used to wix and Napa and even a couple frams on my last 2 suzuzki outboards. Both 2007 models, never any issue. The part number is different for the newer suzukis and can’t seem to find a definitive cross reference

That’s good. I replaced everything except the VST assembly. I think that would have fixed it but didn’t won’t to spend anymore money on it. Traded the boat (As Is) and now have a Yamaha 200 horsepower. The Suzuki made more low end torque though.

Back