SUV's for business-use get tax breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
News story

"If you use a vehicle 100% for business and purchase it, new or used, from a select list of big-time gas-guzzlers, Uncle Sam is ready to help you out."

that deduction has been around for a long time. it is only recently that the news has made a big deal of it. the original intent of the law was for a vehicle such as a delivery truck or dump truck to be written off as a business expense to help out business owners.
the recent urge for many people to want to drive a school bus around has urges automakers make larger vehicles that fit into this catergory. the key is that it must be used at least 50% of the time for business. you must have proof of that when the IRS man comes a knocking.

I read somewhere that a woman got a hummer to deliver flowers.
lol.gif

I talked to a lady last summer that pulled up to my former place of employment to deliver a small part in a huge full battle rattle 4-door 4wd crew cab pick-up. It was new, bright and shiny and I thought she would be proud of it so I asked her how she liked it. She retorted, "I hate it. It's stupid, they replaced all our comfortable fuel efficient compact cars for this monster that's impossible to park anywhere for some tax break or something." Mind you, this is Texas too.

dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
I talked to a lady last summer that pulled up to my former place of employment to deliver a small part in a huge full battle rattle 4-door 4wd crew cab pick-up. It was new, bright and shiny and I thought she would be proud of it so I asked her how she liked it. She retorted, "I hate it. It's stupid, they replaced all our comfortable fuel efficient compact cars for this monster that's impossible to park anywhere for some tax break or something." Mind you, this is Texas too.

dunno.gif

I have a lot more sympathy for her than the idiots in congress. Why don't we cut out all the subsidies and let people do what makes economic sense.

Oh yeah, one more bit of stupidity the flat tax would eliminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back