SUV Smashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan. 28, 2004, 6:05AM

Teens arrested for smashing 'decadent' SUVs
By MIKE GLENN
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A former Cy-Fair High School student serving five years' probation for felony arson in a flag-burning case headed a group of self-described environmental guerrillas who vandalized almost 50 sport utility vehicles, officials said Tuesday.

Precinct 4 deputy constables said the group, led by Randall W. Heinrichs, 18, smashed windows and slashed tires on SUVs in north Harris County from October through December.

Investigators said the vandals used bats embedded with nails to smash windows and cut tires and sprayed graffiti, including Nazi swastikas, on the vehicles.

Four teenagers have been charged with criminal mischief.

Heinrichs, placed on deferred adjudication last year after pleading guilty in the arson case, has a "personal hatred" for SUVs, said Precinct 4 Capt. Rick Brass. "He talks about how they are environmentally unfriendly (and) decadent," he said.

Heinrichs, of Houston, was arrested Jan. 9 and is held in Harris County Jail without bail because of his arson probation.

Lindsey Garofano, 18, of Houston and Jarett Barger, 19, of Cypress were arrested Tuesday. Their bail was set at $5,000 each.

Joshua Killen, 18, of Cypress is expected to turn himself in shortly, deputy constables said.

Garofano told deputies she particularly resented "arrogant ladies" who drive expensive SUVs instead of buying more economical cars and donating the surplus money to charity.

As soon as I can I plan to buy a more economical Corvette to drive in the summer so that my nasty ol' gas guslin' Tahoe can take a rest.

The Vette does get better mileage!!!

Cheers, Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back