suspension parts brand recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I recently did a bunch of front end work but I used the cheap driveworks brand control arms and they are already failing. My mechanic told me to use moog parts but I didn't trying to save money. So now I want to get moog upper control arms but they are in stock no where, not the internet or any major auto parts house. Advanced told me that moog discontinued alot of parts and this must be one of them. So what other good brands could I use? I want quality that will last a long time, not parts store house brand cheap stuff. Any suggestions? It's for a 2002 Dodge Durango sxt 2wd 4.7.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3443982&cc=1384624

I use Moog products exclusively. I think they have great quality and most of their products still come with zerk fittings so you can grease them and extend the service life! Use rock auto with confidence, it is a great company.
01.gif

Rockauto doesnt have my uppers in moog. They list the left upper but when I put it in my cart it removes it saying that it isn't available. Everything else is for 4we. It's like this part has just dissappered. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check on Amazon. I have ordered a bunch of car parts from them and they have literally been the cheapest around. My Borla exhaust was around $200 cheaper than anyone else.

Go with the Raybestos Pro (spicer), as good as or better than Moog. Moog is nothing special these days.
Dont worry about zerk fittings, lubed for life are IMO better for all but heavy equipment that operates in bad conditions or off road vehicles.

MOOG has renumbered a lot of their control arms.And I hate to say they are leaning toward the economy end of the scale with their new line.This may be in response to Mevotech who is undergoing an extreme push to take over the control arm market.Dorman is getting in the China made act too.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Dont worry about zerk fittings, lubed for life are IMO better for all but heavy equipment that operates in bad conditions or off road vehicles.

I have always found that parts that are factory sealed fail far quicker than those that can be serviced personally but either way it cant be any worse than the driveworks parts he has now
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Check on Amazon. I have ordered a bunch of car parts from them and they have literally been the cheapest around. My Borla exhaust was around $200 cheaper than anyone else.

I 2nd that. The kyb struts for my sons saturn were far less on amazon.

I'll probably just go with the raybestos. Any idea if the two I linked above are the ones for my 02 Durango 2wd. Just trying to get a confirmation before I pull the trigger.

I bought the raybestos pro series set.

How hard is swapping out upper control arms? I'm thinking of saving the labor fees and doing them myself but I'm not sure if this is in my skill set. I have basic tools and do alot of my own work like oil changes, starter swaps, etc. Last year I tore a jeep 4.0 down to the long block and changed out the freeze plugs along with a new exhaust manifold and valve cover gasket. Do you think I could handle upper control arms with basic tools? Is it just a unbolt and swap part? Thanks for any info. I do understand that it will need to be aligned after completion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back