Surplus Carcano's at Buds

If you're into surplus rifles you know its been a while since any have been available. Buds and Palmetto state armory have gotten some Carcano carbines that are in pretty good shape. I'd put up a pic of mine but honestly it looks just like the one on their website, good condition and bore and overall a good example of an Italian rifle, which my wwii collection was lacking. For $250 grab yourself one while you can. I managed to get a few boxes of old Norma ammo but haven't been to the range yet. Some say these are horrible shooters since they were originally long rifles with gain twist rifling, so when they shortened them the bullets wouldn't get up to full twist speed. Others say theirs shoot fine. I slugged my bore and it came in at around .268, so probably not going to get stellar results with standard .264 bullets. However the ammo I got won't drop all the way down the muzzle so maybe it'll be ok. You'll also notice that several of the people that left negative reviews have absolutely no clue about how a carcano is supposed to function...

Why did I have to see this...so tempted to drive up to Bud's this afternoon and get one.

I've not seen a Carcano for sale in I don't know how long.

Back