SUPREME C3-X SYNTHETIC 5W-30

I have used PCanada oils in the past; in their Supreme lineup.

But visiting the website today I see there is a single offering for "European" vehicles. I am not sure if this is a relatively newly released product
confused2.gif

SUPREME C3-X 5W30

Last edited:
I'm not sure how new it is. It must be new enough that the paperwork on OEM approvals is still pending. I know PC at least used to have an A3/B4 option, but not for sale in North America.

Originally Posted by Garak
I'm not sure how new it is. It must be new enough that the paperwork on OEM approvals is still pending.

I very recently corresponded with PC as the "paperwork in progress" is still showing in the Tech data sheet.

Here is a snippet of the email I got back:

The formulation is VW approved. What we are waiting on is getting our brand approved. Timing is totally dependent on the OEM and takes months. Unfortunately we can't offer a specific time. But from a warranty perspective, the oil in the bottle is approved. We were forced to put that information on the tech data in the way you see it to deal with specific concerns in China and Europe, not North America.

I wonder if oils are tested for 504/507 and 229.51 at the same time, because there are a lot of oils that carry both those certs, but not BMW LL04. C30 is just renamed 504.

Back