Support the Rabid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to help raise awareness and support those who are affected by this terrible disease. Thank you.
drool.gif

I got a prophylactic rabies vaccination before I stared volunteering at an animal shelter 15 years ago. I haven't gotten any booster shot because I'm not in contact with wild animals anymore and because my titers (no giggling about mori's titers!) were still good at my last checkup. Even if you have been prophylactically vaccinated against rabies, you still require a shot or shots after getting bitten.

Those people who get bitten and do not get vaccinated immediately are SOL and are lucky if they live (usually with grave health issues for the rest of their lives).

If some questionable critter bites you, you better catch it for testing. You don't want to get rabies shots without good reason, trust me.

I gave to B.B. King's foundation as he described it in Amazon Women on the Moon.

You can't save them all
frown.gif

Speaking on behalf of all rabid animals everywhere, I want to CONDEMN, in the strongest possible terms, this thread's assumption that rabid animals are somehow less "cuddly" and "nice" and "friendly" than non-rabid animals. It's exactly this sort of vicious steriotyping that's led to today's bigoted cultural oppresion of the Hydrophobically-Enhanced Community. Well, we're not going to submit any longer!

Free the Hydrophobic! Down with the Hydrophilic!

McGruff says rabid animals are better at "taking a bite out of crime".

The original "Night of the Living Dead" in black and white rules! I still see that same shuffling step, and blank eyed look at work every Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back