Supplier of D1G2 License No. D130AEAI025 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number 25 = Warren Distribution.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Number 25 = Warren Distribution.
smile.gif

Thanks. I can now verify and compare to others in the list.
Yes. After review, this seems to be the case.

BTW, this D1G2 license number applies to my past weekend purchase of two 5-qt jugs. They were Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil from Costco.

It'll be interesting to see how this oil plays in my two aging GM products.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
If they are old enough to allow conventional oil in the manual, this will be like sleeping in silk sheets.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
If they are old enough to allow conventional oil in the manual, this will be like sleeping in silk sheets.

Correct
Unless those old GMs are GDI/TGDI, one or two OCIs of Kirkland will be a breeze.
When one particularly notices the benefits of a good name brand oil in GDIs, is when it's used for a lifetime of the vehicle. Always read labels and product websites also. Then compare. Sometimes the differences listed are obvious and plain-as-day.... provided one can read, retain and comprehend.

The old GMs noted above should breeze right thru the limited use of Kirkland / Warren synthetic. Nothing wrong with saving money, where the shoe fits.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by danez_yoda

The 2006 Silverado with a 5.3L Gen III V8 likes most everything except Mobil1. It's never sounded good with Mobil1 in the sump.
Right now, this full-syn Kirkland 5W-30 is the SAME PRICE as Chevron Supreme 5W-30 (which the old truck has enjoyed). It cannot hurt to try this.

My cheap commuter Equinox with its GDI L4 engine requires this DEXOS1-rated oil.
It uses considerable oil after its been in the sump for 3K miles. I'm beginning to limit my OCI's in the L4 to between 3K and 3500 miles.
I'll see how it stacks up against my current usage of Rotella GT -- if I can hear a difference or notice greater consumption over 2 OCI's.

We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back