Supertech Walmart 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
"he states that the ST they get has Quacker State on all the pallets and it is his belief that it comes from a QS plant somewhere"

I based my belief on the msds safety sheets that were posted here earlier. When you put SuperTech into the database it shows that the SL based oil is Warren and the SJ based oil was made by Specialty Petroleum, an independent that was bought out by Quaker State before the mergers and supposedly closed (or due to be closed) by Shell.

Wal-Mart could very well have a portion of their production at the old plant, could be reusing pallets--they never changed the bottles other than listing SL rather than SJ or anything else. They're quite hard to trace. The Warren MSDS sheets match exactly with the Wal-Mart data sheets and from these I extrapolated the Warren performance sheets which are listed on their site.

In May 2002 I wrote to Pennzoil and they sent me a sheet for their SJ oils stating that it was a separate recipe than Pennzoil or Quaker State. They are still listed as the primary supplier for SJ rated 15w40, but I note that Warren's 15w40 is still rated SJ-- I think because of some additive levels being too high.

When I wade through the opinions about SuperTech, and look at just the facts, I find it to be a pretty good, low priced oil. I've used it for the last 70,000 miles (from 121,000 to 191,000 miles) on my Toyota Corolla along with SuperTech Filters, and the car runs like it is new. I change my oil every 3-4000 miles.

Are the rest of the Supertech brand lubricants bad also? - such as the Fuel additives and lithium grease -- they look excctly like all the name brand stuff in packaging.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
mehere, I'll go out on a limb and say any SL rated oil can go 3k miles.

True, but I'd be willing to bet you'd see lower engine wear in UOA (and longer engine life as a result) with Chevron Supreme or Pennzoil over the Supertech oil. And isn't that what most of us on here want, lower engine wear? I realize that price is a factor in many of our choices of oils on here, but like I've said before, at just $1.08, Chevron is hard to resist for those people who want to stick with dino oil.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
I can't argue with you there, Patman!

Its unanamous then
lol.gif

Bought a case of Chevron Supreme for 11.99 at COSTCO -- you have me convinced to trade up to the blue bottles -- as for other Supertech stuff like anti-freeze and tranny fluid -- what is the consensus on this??? I am using Supertech oil filters because they are good. I need to service the tranny and antifreeze change over soon -- Supertech tranny fluid is cheap at 4.83/gallon jug -- Anti-freeze is 4.48/gallon.

OK -- I saw a new load of Supertech at Wallyworld today and it said Warren Distributing on the pallet. So it is who is bottling it for Wal-mart -- it had regular and synthetic blends on the pallet all wrapped in plastic. I am glad I switched to Chevron Supreme. Sears Spectrum oil was **** .

BJ's has Esso Dexron ATF 12 qts for $11.99 around here, and Peak E.G. antifreeze $2.99 after rebate limit two gallons.

Disappinted in their oil selection though, and maybe 4 different part # filters, all fram.

I've used the wally's antifreeze when I can't get anything else on sale and been satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back