Supertech Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, maybe I am retarded but I wasn't able to find much on Supertech Synthetic.

At the wally world it is only pennies more expensive than the most expensive conventionals, like PYB, ect.

How does this motor oil compare with additive packs? What name brand group III is this stuff most comparable to?

I am thinking of using this in place of conventional in my 4.9 F150, heck I'm even considering using it in my Corolla and Avalon instead of M-1, due to the fact that I only do 5-6,000 mile oil changes.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
And cue Merk.....

Yup, Merkava will be on this like a fly on....well.... You know...

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
And cue Merk.....

Fruit ? Lol

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang

At the wally world it is only pennies more expensive than the most expensive conventionals, like PYB, ect.

How does this motor oil compare with additive packs? What name brand group III is this stuff most comparable to?

I am thinking of using this in place of conventional in my 4.9 F150, heck I'm even considering using it in my Corolla and Avalon instead of M-1, due to the fact that I only do 5-6,000 mile oil changes.

I had great results with ST Syn at a 5000 mile OCI, on the UOA it tested just as good as M1, Valvoline and Amsoil at that distance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
I had great results with ST Syn at a 5000 mile OCI, on the UOA it tested just as good as M1, Valvoline and Amsoil at that distance.

Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

36.gif

Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

36.gif

It is not trolling. Because it is the truth.

ST synth, seems like a solid oil, I got its cousin, Meijer synthetic oil 5w20 for next oci ready to go into my focus.
In my area Warren blends both and it is a stout oil, double check the blender in your area, cause there are several different ones.

Absolutely nothing wrong with SuperTech oil. Who it's made by changes depending on your location, but for a lot of the USA it's a Warren oil product. I've never heard of anyone having any issues with it. Check out the PQI America for more information on it.

If your'e thinking of trying it, there's no reason not to trust the oil. Go ahead and give it a whirl for a few OCIs and see how your vehicle likes it.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

It is not trolling. Because it is the truth.

I did not necessarily mean trolling. What I meant was he was fishing for an argument from the M1, Amsoil, and Valvoline fanboys.

I have a hard time believing this is true.

You didn't look very hard. The who-makes-Supertech-Syn thread comes up several times a year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bitog+supertech+synthetic+site:www.bobistheoilguy.com&biw=1920&bih=1080&gws_rd=ssl

I've used the 0W-20 Warren synthetic (Peak version) in my Camry.

Worked great, very quiet, no problems.

Warren makes a great oil if you don't want to pay for the best of the best and don't want to extend your OCI's.

Warren probably blends 90% of the motor oil used by oil changers and dealerships.

Warren is also in probably 90% of the house brand motor oil bottles you see.

It's the "go to" motor oil for anyone that isn't an motor oil junkie like you find here on BITOG.

It's also appealing to BITOGers that like me interested in saving a buck.

who would use Supertech Syn 5w30 over PYB 5w30 for 5,000-6,000 mile intervals? Do you have a clear winner here or is it a toss up?

Supertech syn is great stuff. There is a TON of information on here if you search for it. I have run it for over 5k miles easily with no issues at all in multiple vehicles. Use it with confidence.

It is a toss up.

Either oil will serve you well at that OCI.

But my best advise to you is never buy motor oil unless it's on sale, clearance priced, or on close-out.

That way, the choice is much clearer.

who would use Supertech Syn 5w30 over PYB 5w30 for 5,000-6,000 mile intervals? Do you have a clear winner here or is it a toss up?

The better question is why use either one when there are better oils out there?

And cue Merk.....

You guys are forgetting something... The oil OP has asked about is not 10w-30... Lol!

Originally Posted By: actionstan
And cue Merk.....

You guys are forgetting something... The oil OP has asked about is not 10w-30... Lol!

I think Merk preaching on Supertech just came to an end. See the topic "which oil is which."
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back