SuperTech Synthetic 5w20 (6,576 miles) Genesis Coupe 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif

Is 0W-20 grade oil exempted from the API SN requirements of 600-800 ppm phosphorous? Having 955 parts per million in the SuperTech oil analysis does not meet that 800 ppm limit standard for an SN motor oil does it? One of the changes in API SN was to limit phosphorous from 600-800 ppm. Were any oil treatements added to the SuperTech to explain 955 ppm?

I haven't contributed to this forum in years and even back when I was contributing, I did more lurking than anything else. I'm just not as smart as you people, and just don't put the time into analysis and cutting filters open.

Anyway, I've gleaned a couple nuggets over the last week that I've been lurking. I've learned that you just need to go to Wal-Mart, buy yourself a Fram filter and whatever cheap schlock (aka SuperTech) that's available that meets the recommended viscosity and service code for the engine(s) that you own. The tight wads that don't want to part with too much money should just buy the dino oil and change it (and the filter) every 4K miles. For those that want to spend the money, buy the full synthetic and change it every 7.5K miles. If you do this, then you're pretty much assured to get 200K miles from your car or truck.

This post is pretty much showing that the extra money spent on the top shelf (perceived) synthetics from Pennzoil, Mobil, Castrol and Valvoline is a complete waste. It sounds like bobistheoilguy.com needs to shut down the engine oil and filter forums because the case is now closed. And of course, starting next week, Wal-Mart will source it's oil from a different manufacturer and will kill more engines than Quaker State did in the '70's;-)

I'll go back to lurking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back