SuperTech ST9688 new look, same filter.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
20210413_091503.jpg
20210413_091514.jpg
20210413_091529.jpg
20210413_091553.jpg

As I speculated on other thread about MP intro, easy differentiation of ST and MP series. With both boxes unsealed and easy to inspect, would also 'help' with any nefarious intent which has been oft covered this sub-forum. Also was curious to see if popular application ST3614 now also white had changed to hybrid metal cap design with poppet bypass, it had not. Still ecore with combo valve. MP3614 not in stock for viewing when I looked.

As I speculated on other thread about MP intro, easy differentiation of ST and MP series. With both boxes unsealed and easy to inspect, would also 'help' with any nefarious intent which has been oft covered this sub-forum. Also was curious to see if popular application ST3614 now also white had changed to hybrid metal cap design with poppet bypass, it had not. Still ecore with combo valve. MP3614 not in stock for viewing when I looked.
I’m hoping they make an upgraded 3614

They are are well built filters. The hangup for a few bitogers has been the ecore center tube.

Well right there on the box that important stuff 99% efficiency but they just leave out one little Important part at how many microns. You can BS most of the people some of the time!

Well right there on the box that important stuff 99% efficiency but they just leave out one little Important part at how many microns. You can BS most of the people some of the time!
Last I looked,at my walmart, month ago, they had the blue supertech filters. 99%@30 microns. It's printed on the box.

It says @30 microns on the box. The difference to note is now it is 90% USA parts content where before it must have been 100%. It must be the steel comes from China, or maybe the element media. If there are 20 parts in a filter, 2 can be from China or Mexico, but which 2?

Lower on the box it states at 30 microns.

It says @30 microns on the box. The difference to note is now it is 90% USA parts content where before it must have been 100%. It must be the steel comes from China, or maybe the element media. If there are 20 parts in a filter, 2 can be from China or Mexico, but which 2?
Farnsworth per the FTC it is determined by the cost percentage, not number of components.

Farnsworth per the FTC it is determined by the cost percentage, not number of components.
The name was changed, why do you use the old one I had. I probably change it to Mercury next time. Maybe you didn’t know they added that. Maybe you thought you could be a whistle blower and it means something to you. Sorry Charley.
Yeah I didn’t look it up preferring to post from what I know at the moment. It is easy to look things up on the internet though. Makes people appear to know more than they do.
I figured it could one of several metrics. By cost seems the most illogical of the choices but whatever they say, it is.
The point is however the two filters are labelled differently in regards to USA content.

Back