supertech oil bad for your credit rating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy what you want. However, the same freedom that lets you do that allows others to deny you credit based on the criteria that tells them if you have the ability to repay.

They can't do that based on gender, or race. But they can look at your credit and purchasing history and say yea or nea.

Credit rating is only worth so much. I don't see why people are so up tide about it. It is not cash, but just a tool to let you borrow cash.

Also not sure what's so good about these statistics, when the standard deviation is so far out of whack, and any changes in consumer behaviors and the market wipe out the usefulness of any of data, because the world has changed.

That sort of data driven financial analysis is what get us into these economy bubble. Alan Greenspan failed to discovered the flaw in his financial model, and kept the economy overheated for too long, and get us into this mess.

Remember: Past performance is not a guarantee of future return.

It's a scam to get me to spend more money, so I'm not going to do what they want. As soon as more people realize this, they'll stop doing it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were kickbacks going around from companies who pay to have their product promoted by way of penalizing those who buy cheaper competitors. The fact that it is now becoming public could just be a scare tactic, so the sheep are more likely to buy the high-priced items because it "looks better," while at the same time feeling good about it because they're "beating the system."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Anduril
... so the sheep are more likely to buy the high-priced items because it "looks better," while at the same time feeling good about it because they're "beating the system."

FYI sheep usually have better credit ratings, therefore the art of identifying sheep is critical, hence this study.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I read the whole article. I found it to be much a analysis of moral values, not so much exemplified by the generic oil, but by another comparo-gram.
17credit_.jpg

It says the top 1% of risky items was a chrome skull accessory and lowest 1% risk was from buyers of premium bird seed. I can see that. We can argue what the two things actually represent, but THE ACTUAL DATA does not lie. Isn't that funny? I suspect a lot of guys at BitOG are quite moral, but don't we all have a chrome skull in our past, hmm?

Don't feel bad about the generic oil thing. We are just a lil more informed that it is actually a decent purchase than most of the loosers who buy it to save $.10c.
Time to return the fuzzy dice.

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
I knew my chrome skull collection would eventually come around to bite me in the rear.
LOL.gif

My credit rating is 750+ However, I only buy really nice expensive stuff on the Mastercard - everything else is debit.

You know, some truck stops and liquor stores give a discount if you use cash/debit... Might be something to consider next time you feel the need for a bottle of cheap liquor and some off brand 87 octane.

I buy everything on credit and pay it off in full when the statement comes. I do this because I get 1% cash back on all my purchases so it adds up real quick. Especially when you are purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of fuel for your job which you get reimburse for!
wink.gif

Plus there is 0 card holder liability (at least up here) so if fraud happens they rush me a new card, not like when my bank card got compromised and I was out $1200
mad.gif

I get 1% back on my PayPal debit card, and I have about 3 days from time of purchase until it's taken out of my checking account.

That's how I prefer to shop.

I don't even have a credit rating.

1% is for sissy. Try to get business credit card and many of them have 3% cash back for restaurant, home improvement, office supply, and 5% on fuel.

Some even have 6% introductory rebate for 90 days. Just use it and cancel it. That 6% is going to be more than any cash rate discount the gas station gives.

I never miss a credit card that has a $100 or more sign up bonus either.

Of course, don't forget to pay it all off at the end of the month.

CC business will be changing, that's for shure.

I meant to post further onthe skull/birdseed thing, just to stress my point.

We could argue about the relative merits of these two disposable objects. There is a part of us that KNOWS the skull buyer is a goof, but it's not PC to think or say that. See, we know scumbaggery when we see it, but we're told not to "pre-judge" people nor to use our powers of "discrimination"...but here it is, the stats DO NOT lie! These items were on the extreme ends of statistical analysis, top 1% of good/bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back