Supertech MP6607 vs ST6607, interchangeable?

I have been using the ST6607 for my 2012 civic for years but when I went to buy one they were sold out so I bought the MP6607 instead. I thought it was the same just rated for 20k instead of 10k. So I completed my oil change then later thought about it and looked it up and walmart website says it isn't compatible.

Is it really not compatible?

They are both 6607, so...
Yeah that was my instinct and anything I found via googling and on here suggested the only difference was the MP has a silicone ADBV and the ST is nitrile. I don't get why the website says it is incompatible.

Wondering if there could be any danger using it...

Same filter. I do find it odd though. That filter is pretty short compared to any filter I've seen called out for Honda applications.

Edit: Exactly what justalubetech said above.

Yes, as others have mentioned, the ST & MP 6607s are for the same applications. I believe they even use the same filtration media however IDK if this has been completely confirmed. Also, the ST uses a BLACK nitrile(rubber) ADBV while the MP used a BLUE silicon ADBV.

I have a hard time with the...only thing justifying that that the MP filter gets double the life & price over the ST is the ADBV. Not that I think that there is anything else going on with the filter from videos of teardown of the filters. I mean, the can thickness is the same, the filtration media seems to be the same in terms of mm's thick & total length, the baseplates are the same, the pressure relief valve is the same as is the micron rating.

So for me, the MP being same filter as the ST with just a silicone ADBV(IMO) is not worth double the money unless you just can't find the ST for your app. ATMOF, the ST & MP filter is the same filter as the AC Delco filter for the FIREBIRD in my signature. Both are cheaper than the AC. Guess which one I am buying?

Last edited:
Walmart and Amazon vehicle fitment database is a mess. Very few items that absolutely do fit my vehicles the fitment says it doesn't.

I shop Rock auto a lot. Get the part numbers for the things I need and go to amazon to check prices (or to get it quicker.) Rarely does Amazon say the part fits my vehicles.

I have been using the ST6607 for my 2012 civic for years but when I went to buy one they were sold out so I bought the MP6607 instead. I thought it was the same just rated for 20k instead of 10k. So I completed my oil change then later thought about it and looked it up and walmart website says it isn't compatible.

Is it really not compatible?
I think MP7317 or ST7317 would be the correct filter for this application instead of 6607.

According to the Fram website a 7317 is the correct filter for all three engines offered in the 2012 Honda Civic. It's a longer filter , same thread count. Fram's part numbers are the same as Super Tech.

I think MP7317 or ST7317 would be the correct filter for this application instead of 6607.

The computer at every walmart I've ever been to (a lot) says the ST6607 is the correct filter and their book says so too. I have noticed that it recommends the 7317 in the non supertech brands so I have used that size when they didn't have the st6607 on the shelf. Googling 6607 and civic shows threads where other people have used it. I imagine thousands/millions of the st6607 filters have been installed on civics at this point. If this were an issue I think there would have been a lawsuit by now. I probably won't buy the 6607 size again because the ST never seems to be in stock and the MP is a bit expensive for a supertech filter. I think I'll just order some filters from rockauto from now on.

Last edited:
Back