Supertech HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I priced oils today at WM. A jug of ST HM was $12.00 and a jug of MaxLife blend was $15.50.

Mark

If ST HM is $12.00 and MaxLife is $15.50, I would choose MaxLife because MaxLife is proven that it is high quality HM oil and $3.50 extra per oil change is not that much.

I would think it would be just fine...

People here do well with both the dino and syn versions....

My '88 Mazda 323 (owned since 1993, sold last yr with 220k miles) had a smoke at start-up issue that started about nine years ago (and it could put out some plumes for the first minute or so). I went to Maxlife, and then to Castrol HM, then ST HM, and finally M1 HM. Everyone of them did an excellent job of pretty much eliminating the issue. I would definitely recommend ST HM for this particular issue.

At around 100K, my wifes KIA Sportage developed a leak around the camshaft seals. Currently running Supertech HM 10W-30 and the leak is almost non existent. Runs fine and does what it says.

Use it with confidence. There are members here that use Supertech exclusively -- at least two members with 200+K miles accumulated -- all using Supertech-only.

You can find the posts on old threads here discussing current running vehicles with 150+ --- even 200+K miles on the odometer. I believe there are two different threads to research.

There are other HM threads here with positive remarks on Supertech HM -- dealing with various engine issues. Another low cost HM oil that I've had good success with is Meijer HM oil -- formulated by Citgo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Use it with confidence. There are members here that use Supertech exclusively -- at least two members with 200+K miles accumulated -- all using Supertech-only.

You can find the posts on old threads here discussing current running vehicles with 150+ --- even 200+K miles on the odometer. I believe there are two different threads to research.

There are other HM threads here with positive remarks on Supertech HM -- dealing with various engine issues. Another low cost HM oil that I've had good success with is Meijer HM oil -- formulated by Citgo.

So Meijer's stuff is made by Citgo? I've always wondered....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back