Supertech High Mileage Conventional is now API SP/ GF6A rated.

I was a little surprised at this looking on the jug today. I think we may have a contender for the cheapest API SP and GF6 rated oil? I didn't check the other ST conventional oils on the shelf, though.

The regular SuperTech syn is also API SP and GF6 rated as well as Dexoxs 1 Gen 2. All for an everyday price of $13.97/jug!

The only cars that could require SP are 2021 models. How are there going to be high mileage 2021 cars already? And how many 2021 models even specify 5W-30 grade oil?

Wonder if they're gonna change SuperTech Conventional 5w20 and 5w30 to say Syn-blend or just keep it as Conventional on the label, I know 5w-20 and 5w-30 MAG1 conventional got bumped to being Syn-blend recently as have most 5W conventional oils in general from every manufacturer . I think the high mileage oil has been Syn-blend it just doesn't say whether it's conventional or syn-blend on the package because the High Mileage MAG1 oils are Syn Blend.

The only cars that could require SP are 2021 models. How are there going to be high mileage 2021 cars already? And how many 2021 models even specify 5W-30 grade oil?

Pretty sure all ST oils use the same add pack. At least short of the diesel oil...

years ago I wrote them (Warren), and they sent back very comprehensive spec sheets with VOA numbers. As I recall, they were consistent across the grades.

Did you forget about every car before 2021? All oil brands, whether it be conventional, semi-synthetic, synthetic, high mileage will be SP, and the average age of cars on the road is over 10 years old in the US.

SP supersedes the previous certifications. If you continue to hunt for SN oils, that hunt will become fruitless as the inventories clear out the old and bring in the new.

Back