Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage DEXOS Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Yeah. I posted mine to add pictures. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced and left unnecessary wear and tear on your mouse finger or whatever other whining part of your body you use.

+1

Johnny, I have the same need. Although my drug of choice is Pennzoil; I just hit my third WM in a 50 mile radius cleaning out the Pennz Plat Euro 0W40. It's run great so far in my Odyssey and it's going in my Forester too at some point. I have at least 10 OCIs worth of it, so hopefully that will be at least 7-8 years worth
smile.gif

I just put it in my nissan with oe filter. I wonder what is in the oil that gives it increased protection for higher mileage engines? Any ideas?

So the folks at Atlanta GA lab dropped ball on my VOA. It or sample arrived last Saturday and they "found sample" this morning. Said i will have VOA results Monday. Highly p!#$@ed off right now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dubber09
Just bought a 5qt jug at WM in Bellingham, WA last afternoon, it was $15.xx. It's in blue bottle and is SN Plus.

I think 0W20 ST will be in my Silverado next OCI.

Originally Posted by mctmatt
I wonder if sodium is still used as the main detergent as in the past or if they changed the formulation similar to what Valvoline has recently done?

It's not. Several UOA's show that they've made the switch to an SN+ CA/MG with standard moly and boron add pack.

The 5W-30 Supertech Synthetic High Mileage is currently in my 4.6 2v where is has been doing a very good job of minimzing oil consumption. Typically a quart over 5k, I haven't added ANY in nearly 3,500 miles.

In an engine where 5 - 6k is the max I go due to time and short tripping, SuperTech Syn is easily the value leader.

Fwiw, I just did an oil change with this oil, and the seal under the cap came off in shreds, and some fell into the bottle. I had to strain the oil to keep chunks of it from going into the engine. I've never had that issue before.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ummduh
Fwiw, I just did an oil change with this oil, and the seal under the cap came off in shreds, and some fell into the bottle. I had to strain the oil to keep chunks of it from going into the engine. I've never had that issue before.

Not good
Enough to make me not use it
Waiting for oil anylist

I would have returned the jug to the store, with the shreds floating around inside the jug.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

I would have returned the jug to the store, with the shreds floating around inside the jug.

It happened because it was the slipperiest oil.

Originally Posted by volk06

Natural group V with superior film strength.

How did the oil create the seal-shredding? Please share with us - your oil expertise?

Walmart has a very liberal exchange policy. Even if the product is out-of-stock, they will issue a debit card that allows a purchase of the next slipperiest oil.

Last edited:

So as usual, just go into random threads and post silly responses until it's finally stopped? Again?

Originally Posted by kschachn

So as usual, just go into random threads and post silly responses until it's finally stopped? Again?

Well, the user name is appropriate.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by kschachn

Well, the user name is appropriate.

I don't know about that … but I have never seen a seal dump debris in a jug of new oil.
Seems this is a company with plenty of bottling experience.

I haven't either. Does Warren use a seal with a pull up tab or is it a plain foil seal?

I use a small knife to open. In either case I've never had a seal disintegrate on me.

Originally Posted by dave1251

Natural group V with superior film strength.

You haven't any concept on SN Plus / D1G2 retail oil jug pricing, with oils built on Group 4 & 5. Your slip is showing, all the way down to your ankles.

You are aware Mobil 1 0W20 HM and Super Tech 0W20 HM have identical ester content percentage? The remainder percentages of base oils is comparable to say the least.

Your brand name bias is outdated as your second insult.

How did the oil create the seal-shredding? Please share with us - your oil expertise?

Walmart has a very liberal exchange policy. Even if the product is out-of-stock, they will issue a debit card that allows a purchase of the next slipperiest oil.

Well obviously it happened because the polar molecules caused the underside of the seal to degrade and lose its strength, thus causing it to peel in pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back