Supertech Dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this new offering from Supertech. I picked up some today for $2.97 a quart. Gonna change out my fluid when it warms up. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I saw this the other day at Wally World as well. I don't know anything about it, although I am interested in some input.

interesting find, I haven't seen it. I heard dealers were charging $6 a quart for their dexron VI stuff

i think it would be fine to use but in reality i would change it out frequently.. granted it does have to meet the strict dex6 requirements so who knows it might be the best ATF deal in town.. a little more research would be sufficient

There's only one approved additive package for Dexron-VI, so there's nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted By: drivewaytech
Would the same hold true for their ATF+4? I would think there are strict guidelines for that fluid as well.

Yes.

I don't see any numbers that start with a "J". The only numbers on the bottle are F41392898 on the front and B41392899 on the back, probably not the numbers your looking for. On the front of the bottle it has Dexron VI, GM Approved for use where a Dexron VI product is recommended. Also suitable for Dexron II Dexron III JASCO M315(1A) Mercon SP Toyota WS Toyota T IV Applications.

Originally Posted By: King Arthur
I don't see any numbers that start with a "J". The only numbers on the bottle are F41392898 on the front and B41392899 on the back, probably not the numbers your looking for. On the front of the bottle it has Dexron VI, GM Approved for use where a Dexron VI product is recommended. Also suitable for Dexron II Dexron III JASCO M315(1A) Mercon SP Toyota WS Toyota T IV Applications.

Can you please post a picture of the bottle?

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Try these links for a picture. Hope it works.

"For use where a Dexron VI product is reccommended"

That sounds like some creative wording to me.

It's hard to see for the glare... but I don't see no license number. Somethin' fishy here. It may be no better than an Amsoil/Redline unlicensed knockoff.

Supertech's ATF products seem to be mainly from Warren, which does hold Dexron VI license J-60318. Can't find any material on Supertech Dexron VI specifically, though.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
More research needed.

Agree completely! It's hard for me to beleive that Warren/SuperTech have beaten Mobil1 and the other oil "biggies" to market with a fluid that is supposed to meet Toyota WS. To the best of my knowledge, Chevron is the only other non-OEM ATF that claims to meet WS. That Chevron fluid claims to meet so many OEM specs that I just can't take it seriously...

(I'm not really concerned with any other spec, as my only auto tranny requires WS.)

later,
b

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Hard to believe Mobil-1 ATF is apporved for WS.
It's a full synthetic. Dex VI is a blend.

It's not the base oil that's the concern here, it's the additive package. You guys need to shift your attention away from the base oil composition and to the additive package, that's more important.

Dexron-VI is a Group III based product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back