Supertech Asian Red 50/50

78FF9B48-39AB-4600-BA64-7B32717D950E.jpeg

2309208F-484D-46D8-AF2A-44CBCE38B788.jpeg

Without getting into a debate about 2-EHA, the wording on the back label suggests that this formula contains phosphates.

Is it possible that this product is a private-label version of the 10/300K corguard formula?

Is it possible that this product is a private-label version of the 10/300K corguard formula?
Are you suggesting that it's really Prestone AMAM with an Asian Vehicle label. Is it Red or Yellow ? Oh wait it says 5 years/150k miles. hhmmm

Are you suggesting that it's really Prestone AMAM with an Asian Vehicle label. Is it Red or Yellow ? Oh wait it says 5 years/150k miles. hhmmm
That is what I suspect. It is AMAM with a red dye.

Perhaps the 10/300 claim is exclusive to prestone?

That is what I suspect. It is AMAM with a red dye.

Perhaps the 10/300 claim is exclusive to prestone?

Isnt thst what the colored Prestone coolants they were selling for a while were?

If so, house branding is just another step in that direction. The colors don’t add value if it’s all one product…

According to link, seems WM ST Asian may have a new manufacturer, at least in some markets. Perhaps all markets moving forward. Not enough inhibitor information in SDS for me to choose it for an Asian vehicle. I'd stick with ZAV, Peak OET, Pentofrost A3 or Napa Asian. Same thread also shows new ST silver jug.

According to link, seems WM ST Asian may have a new manufacturer, at least in some markets. Perhaps all markets moving forward. Not enough inhibitor information in SDS for me to choose it for an Asian vehicle. I'd stick with ZAV, Peak OET, Pentofrost A3 or Napa Asian. Same thread also shows new ST silver jug.

5C904A16-ADF0-4004-B9B3-5181A33BC491.png

The SDS for the ez-pour containers show Kost USA as the supplier. Kost was recently acquired by Recochem. Like you said, the SDS info is unclear on the inhibitor package.

Edit:
Recochem/Kost is now making the STP Asian coolant. The sell sheet clearly states “phosphate-based, 2-EHA free” formula. Obviously we do not have definitive proof, but it is possible that ST is selling the same formula in the ez-pour jugs…but with red dye.

Last edited:
Reactions: Y_K
^^"If" ST Asian by Kost same as described in the STP Asian info, I could be interested. When posted on other thread I looked up Kost and saw now Recochem company. Reco used to make a concentrated 2eha free Asian AF sold at PepBoys, it was a very good value. Afaik, been gone for awhile now.

Be nice if Kost ST Asian gave as much info as the STP.

Not enough inhibitor information in SDS for me to choose it for an Asian vehicle.
That's a good enough reason to avoid Supertech and Prestone coolants. I previously thought Prestone Dexcool was a good qaulity coolant but I'm not sure now.

That's a good enough reason to avoid Supertech and Prestone coolants. I previously thought Prestone Dexcool was a good qaulity coolant but I'm not sure now.
The "licensed" Dexcool uses a GM approved inhibitor so I would not be concerned about the brand.

Phosphate and Silicate are the most common additives to drop out in engine coolant, for what that's worth. We typically recommend using a NAPS (Nitrite Amine Phosphate Silicate) free OAT coolant to our customers because they are least likely to experience additive drop-out over time. Might be more important on HD engines, but passing the info along either way. You could always check out Fleetguard ES Compleat OAT...million mile coolant with very very little maintenance requirements and is compatible with HD and light duty engines.

I'm aware of of silicate "drop out", it's a main reason why old time original green AF had such a short service interval. Phosphate "drop out" from the Asian PHoat AF, never seen reference to that. Asian AFs have very long service interval and from personal experience linked, zero concern about any drop out. Even some Original Green AF now use lower silicate formula, thus longer service interval.

Back to topic, saw the new Kost made Asian PHoat in silver jug in WM recently, attractive price. That said, as mentioned need more inhibitor pack info, specifically as regards one inhibitor, before 'I'd' consider.

Phosphate and Silicate are the most common additives to drop out in engine coolant, for what that's worth. We typically recommend using a NAPS (Nitrite Amine Phosphate Silicate) free OAT coolant to our customers because they are least likely to experience additive drop-out over time. Might be more important on HD engines, but passing the info along either way. You could always check out Fleetguard ES Compleat OAT...million mile coolant with very very little maintenance requirements and is compatible with HD and light duty engines.
diesel is way behind the curve, NAPS free coolants are so last century.

Back